This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
With its conversational writing style, cutting-edge content, current examples, the three-level integrative model, dialogues, and technological learning tools, Organizational Behavior remains the global book, used by more readers interested in the topic than any other since 1979. The 12th edition retains all of the best features of the previous editions, yet adds much more: contemporary issues and research have been included into a seamless, whole, and comprehensive tome. Many topics are comprehensively covered, but on the whole, this book is written in a conversational, easy to read style. Topics include: management functions; the social sciences; helping employees balance work and other responsibilities; improving people skills; improving customer service; motivational concepts; communication; power and politics; conflict and negotiation; culture; and stress management. Globally accepted and written by one of the most foremost authors in the field, this is a necessary read for all managers, human resource workers, and anyone needing to understand and improve their people skills.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Timothy A. Judge
Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
· Academic Positions: Matherly-McKethan Eminent Scholar in Management, Warrington College of Business Administration, University of Florida, Stanley M. Howe Professor in Leadership, Henry B. Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Associate Professor (with tenure), Department of Human Resource Studies, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, Lecturer, Charles University, Czech Republic, and Comenius University, Slovakia, Instructor, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
· Research: Dr. Judge’s research interests are in the areas of personality and individual differences, leadership and influence behaviors, internal and external staffing, and job attitudes.
Dr. Judge published more than 90 articles in these and other major topics in journals such as Journal of Organizational Behavior , Personnel Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, European Journal of Personality, European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
· Fellowship: Dr. Judge is a fellow of the American Psychological Association and the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
· Awards: In 1995, Judge received the Ernest J. McCormick Award for Distinguished Early Career Contributions from the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and in 2001, he received the Larry L. Cummings Award for mid-career contributions from the Organizational Behavior Division of the Academy of Management. His primary research interests are in (1) personality, moods, and emotions, (2) job attitudes, (3) Leadership and influence behaviors, and (4) careers (person-organization fit, career success).
· Books Published: Heneman, H. G. III, & Judge, T. A. (2003). Staffing Organizations (4th ed.). Madison, WI: Mendota House/Irwin.
Steven P. Robbins
Ph.D. University of Arizona
· Academic Positions: Professor, San Diego State University, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, University of Baltimore, Concordia University in Montreal, and University of Nebraska at Omaha.
· Research: Research interests have focused on conflict, power, and politics in organizations, behavioral decision making, and the development of effective interpersonal skills.
· Books Published: World's best-selling author of textbooks in both management and organizational behavior. His books are used at more than a thousand U.S. colleges and universities, have been translated into 16 languages, and have adapted editions for Canada, Australia, South Africa, and India. These include
o Essentials of Organizational Behavior, 8th ed. (Prentice Hall, 2005)
o Management, 8th ed. with Mary Coulter (Prentice Hall, 2005)
o Human Resource Management, 8th ed., with David DeCenzo (Wiley, 2005)
o The Self-Assessment Library 3.0 (Prentice Hall, 2005)
o Fundamentals of Management, 5th ed., with David DeCenzo (Prentice Hall, 2006)
o Supervision Today!, 4th ed., with David DeCenzo (Prentice Hall, 2004)
o Training in InterPersonal Skills, 3rd ed., with Phillip Hunsaker (Prentice Hall, 2003)
o Managing Today!, 2nd ed. (Prentice Hall, 2000)
o Organization Theory, 3rd ed. (Prentice Hall, 1990)
Successfully published tradebooks include
o The Truth About Managing People . . . And Nothing But the Truth (Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 2002)
o Decide and Conquer: Make Winning Decisions and Take Control of Your Life (Financial Times/Prentice Hall, 2003).
In his "other life," Dr. Robbins actively participates in masters' track competition. Since turning 50 in 1993, he's won 14 national championships, nine world titles, and set numerous U.S. and world age-group records at 60, 100, 200, and 400 meters.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. Paperback. Condition: New. International Edition. Very fast shipping. Receive your book in 2-7 business days if you checkout with expedited shipping. We take pride in our customer service, please contact us if you have any questions regarding the listing. Seller Inventory # in-us-9780131890954
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0131890956
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. 12. Seller Inventory # DADAX0131890956
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110131890956