Inclusion in Early Childhood Setting has been written to introduce the early childhood educator to working with children with special needs. It focuses on dispelling biases and creating excitement about working with children with special needs, and will provide students with an active approach to organizing an inclusive child care environment, with specific guidelines for setting up inclusive environments to foster communication, play, positive interactions, motor activities, and social, emotional and cognitive growth.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
With a focus on the child, and stories of real success stories of children, practitioners, and students out in the field, Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings: Children with Special Needs in Canada, Second Edition, offers an inspiring look at working with children with special needs. This text examines child care in the context of inclusiveness, avoiding classifying children by their needs but rather dealing with them as individuals.
Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings: Children with Special Needs in Canada aims to
• Promote a change of attitude about working with children with special needs
• Provide individuals with information and references in practical, accessible formats such as charts, lists, photographs, graphs and diagrams
• Involve learners in active participation through such strategies as utilizing the support website at Pearson for additional information, student exercises, class participation exercises and community-based exercises
• Involve learners in realistic and meaningful experiences to gain new understanding about inclusive settings
• Link learners to relevant internet references to help them find pertinent up-to-date information
• Create a forum for discussion
Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings dispels biases and creates excitement about working with children with special needs.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Not Avail, United States, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. 251 x 203 mm. Language: N/A. Brand New Book. Bookseller Inventory # BZV9780132082020