This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A must-have resource for all teachers and adults interested in evaluating, selecting, and sharing multicultural literature written for children and young adults, this widely-popular guide is thoroughly updated to include the most outstanding examples of children’s and adolescent literature available. In Donna E. Norton’s Multicultural Children’s Literature, readers gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the rich cultural heritage embedded in authentic multicultural literature and see how to share that appreciation and heritage with children and young adults. A chapter each is devoted to the following children’s and adolescent literature in the following cultures: African American, Native American, Latino, Asian, Jewish, and Middle Eastern.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Available with This Text
Pearson’s Children’s and Young Adult Literature Database
This searchable database of over 22,000 book annotations makes it easy to:
· Search and create booklists by title, author, illustrator, grade level (preschool, K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7+, and 10+), awards won, publisher, genre, or other special topic
· Special search topics include Literature with Characters with Disabilities, Literature for English Language Learners, Multicultural Literature, International Literature, and Literature with LGBT Characters
· Over 160 awards represented, including awards such as the Aesop Prize, Caldecott Medal, Edgar Allan Poe Award, Michael L. Printz Honor Award, and the Newbery Medal
· View a complete record for any book on the database
· Annotate books of interest with your own comments
· Add your own books to the database, without limit
To order this text with the Children’s and Young Adult Literature Database, use ISBN 0-13-305711-9.
About the Author:
Donna E. Norton is Professor Emerita, Texas A&M University, where she was a member of the faculty. She received her doctorate from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. She is the author of the widely popular text, Through the Eyes of A Child: An Introduction to Children’s Literature, 8e, also published by Pearson, and has authored or co-authored over 30 textbooks and over 100 journal articles.
Dr. Norton is the recipient of numerous awards including the Texas A&M Faculty Distinguished Achievement Award and the Virginia Hamilton Essay Award for professional writing concerning multicultural literature for youth. She is also the recipient of grants that have allowed her to research Native American, Latino, African American, Asian, and Jewish cultures and literature.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0132685760
Book Description Pearson, 2020. Paperback. Condition: BRAND NEW. Seller Inventory # 0132685760_abe_bn
Book Description Pearson, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. 4. Seller Inventory # DADAX0132685760
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2012. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 4th edition. 384 pages. 9.90x7.90x0.60 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0132685760
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0132685760 New Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0132685760ZN