ARISE Instructional Strategy Card Set 6-12
Renowned author and former administrator, Evelyn Arroyo presents K-12 educators with a unique collection of 70 instructional strategies packaged into one convenient card set--translating proven research into action-oriented techniques that help ELL students and all struggling learners achieve academic success.
Take a peek inside the A+RISE Instructional Strategy Card Set for Grades 6-12:
- Translates research into an action-oriented, just-in-time instructional approach to help ELLs and all struggling students meet academic requirements.
- Places an impressive collection of strategies in one convenient ring-bound set that is easily accessed by teachers, coaches, and administrators.
- Features color-coded cards that group strategies by grade-level and the following seven teaching categories:
- Language and Content Development
- Introduces one high-yield strategy per card—that includes an illustration, step-by-step procedures and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Illustrates how to meet the linguistic needs of ELL students and all struggling students as they learn content in math, science, social studies, and English language arts.
- Focuses on research-based techniques for a variety of settings regardless of native language, level of proficiency, cultural or socio-economic background.
- Includes reading and writing techniques, cooperative learning, use of linguistic and nonlinguistic representations, scaffolding, teacher modeling, higher order thinking and alternative classroom ELL assessments.
- Offers a customized solution in an easy-to-access web-based application, A+RISE Standards2Strategy™:
- Allows users to see how each strategy relates to their own state standards and which strategies will best meet their specific instructional needs.
- Features videos-in-action, demonstrating how to implement the strategies in a classroom.
- To learn more, watch a demo, and request a free trial visit www.arisek12.com.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Evelyn Arroyo is the author and founder of A+RISE, Research-based Instructional Strategies for ELLs (English Language Learners). Her focus and passion is helping elementary and secondary teachers close the achievement gap for minority students and English language learners. A former teacher, principal and district administrator, Ms. Arroyo has 25 years of experience in public education, and has won numerous awards in Texas and featured as an outstanding principal in Arizona. Throughout her career, Ms. Arroyo has been a supportive and constructive mentor to her fellow educators, and an impassioned advocate for the needs of English Language Learners.
Through A+RISE and other publications and national presentations, Ms. Arroyo provides advice, encouragement and practical success strategies for teachers who are looking to reach their ELL students.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.