Maximize the Value of Business Intelligence with IBM Cognos v10 -- Hands-on, from Start to Finish
This easy-to-use, hands-on guide brings together all the information and insight you need to drive maximum business value from IBM Cognos v10. Long-time IBM Cognos expert and product designer Sangeeta Gautam thoroughly illuminates Cognos BI v10’s key capabilities: analysis, query, reporting, and dashboards.
Gautam shows how to take full advantage of each key IBM Cognos feature, including brand-new innovations such as Active Reports and the new IBM Cognos Workspace report consumption environment. She concludes by walking you through successfully planning and implementing an integrated business intelligence solution using IBM’s best-practice methodologies. The first and only guide of its kind, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence v10 offers expert insights for BI designers, architects, developers, administrators, project managers, nontechnical end-users, and partners throughout all areas of the business—from sales and marketing to operations and lines of business. If you’re pursuing official IBM Cognos certification, you’ll also find Cognos certification sample questions and information to help you with the certification process.
· Understanding IBM Cognos BI’s components and open, extensible architecture
· Working with IBM Cognos key “studio” tools: Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, and Event Studio
· Developing and managing powerful reports that draw on the rich capabilities of IBM Cognos Workspace and Workspace Advanced
· Designing Star Schema databases and metadata models to answer the questions your organization cares about most
· Efficiently maintaining and systematically securing IBM Cognos BI environments and their objects
· Using IBM Cognos Connection as your single point of entry to all corporate data
· Building interactive, easy-to-manage Active Reports for casual business users
· Using new IBM Cognos BI v10.1 Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) to improve performance with complex heterogeneous data
· Identifying, exploring, and exploiting hidden data relationships
· Creating quick ad hoc queries that deliver fast answers
· Establishing user and administrator roles
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Sangeeta Gautam is a Certified IBM Consultant for IBM Global Business Services, Business Analytics and Optimization (BAO). Sangeeta joined IBM (USA) in 2002 as a part of Pricewaterhouse Consulting acquisition, with rich international experience in the field of Information Technology. Since coming to IBM she has served as a Cognos Subject Matter Expert and has been teaching Cognos at IBM for last 5 years, along with consulting.
She has more than 10 years of hands-on experience working with Cognos and has worked as Technical Lead in both private and public sector projects. She took on multiple lead roles for IBM’s product design and development of WorkForce Analytics during its inception, working closely with the Cognos Software Development group. She was also co-presenter at the Cognos User Forum in Boston presenting with the Client the Cognos solution in Education industry and speaker at IBM’s Business Analytic Forum, Information on Demand.
A mathematician by education, Sangeeta is also a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). She specializes in the field of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions.
Always eager to learn and share, she spontaneously adventures into the unchartered territories enjoying the new experience as it unfolds! Passionate about leaving a better world for the next generation, she enjoys supporting activities like Victory Over Violence and building a peaceful world through exchange of peace, education, and culture.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description IBM Press, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110132724723
Book Description IBM Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0132724723 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0051970
Book Description IBM Pr, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 984 pages. 9.50x7.00x1.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0132724723
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801327247221.0