The PDToolkit for Words Their Way with English Learners is coming soon! Once you activate your access code, the subscription is valid for six months.
For information on the FREE 45-day Open Access, visit: http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com
Words Their Way™ with English Learners, 2/e is the most complete resource available for teachers to use as they facilitate research-based word study in classrooms with students from varying language backgrounds. Included in this new edition are chapter by chapter examples of students’ work, hands-on sample learning activities, illustrative graphics and tables to support the text, a variety of word study activities, a concise outline of a research-based model of literacy development, references to multilingual language-learning materials and websites, and more.
The book is modeled after the widely popular word study approach, Words Their Way™, and is designed primarily to support teachers working with students from a wide range of home languages as they learn to read and write in English.
What's New to This Edition?
- NEW! An extensive media component, PD Toolkit for Words Their Way with English Learners features:
- Tools for teaching, including:
- assessment application tool featuring user-friendly navigation
- instructional strategies
- create-your-own word sorts tool
- hundreds of additional word sorts, games and templates
- foreign language spelling assessments for Chinese, Korean, and Spanish speakers.
- All new how-to classroom videos showing authentic implementation of the Words Their Way™ approach with English Learners
- Complimentary 6-month access to the PDToolkit is packaged with each new second edition
- To learn more, please visit http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com
- NEW! Instructional ideas based on the most recent research have been included to enhance the theoretical foundation and instructional activities in the book.
- NEW! Extensive graphics show how to implement the sorts and other word study activities.
- NEW! A new chapter addresses word study for students at the advanced level of word study, Derivational Relations.
- NEW! A teacher-friendly introduction clearly presents the theory and assessment of word knowledge development in English.
- NEW! Hmong translations of all the pictures for sorts and games have been added to the five languages already featured (Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese) helping teachers use the vocabulary as a resource for working with students, their families, and community members.
- NEW! References to multilingual and language-learning materials and websites help teachers access resources that bid on the cultural and linguistic foundations of students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- NEW! Figures, boxes, and graphic representations break up the text making the material easier to understand.
- NEW! Numerous pictures and sample sorts clarify how to do the instructional activities through each of the developmental levels.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.