This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Widely recognized as a market leader for its innovation, strong research base, and accessibility, the ninth
edition of William L. Heward’s Exceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education continues this
tradition of excellence.
A FOCUS ON EXCEPTIONAL TEACHERS
· Featured Teacher essays Each chapter begins with a first-person essay by master teachers that
reflects the joys, challenges, and realities of teaching exceptional children. Drawn from urban,
suburban, and rural school districts across the country, the 18 featured teachers share personal
experiences and wisdom gathered from years of instructing children in a variety of school settings.
· MyEducationLab Access to MyEducationLab for this text allows readers to see, hear, and
learn from the teachers featured in the text through video. Throughout the book,
MyEducationLab icons connect key content and concepts practiced by master teachers to
Homework & Exercises on MyEducationLab.
· Tips for Beginning Teachers Each chapter culminates with practical, quick tips for beginning
teachers–offered by the master teacher featured in each chapter–on how to avoid common
pitfalls in the classroom.
A FOCUS ON EFFECTIVE RESEARCH-BASED PRACTICES
· Teaching & Learning features All of the strategies described in the Teaching & Learning features
are classroom-tested, supported by research, and provide clear and practical step-by-step
guidelines for designing, implementing, and evaluating instruction for students with disabilities.
· MyEducationLab Each of the research-based practices discussed in the Teaching & Learning
features are connected to Homework & Exercises or Building Teaching Skills activities in
MyEducationLab that extend and further develop these strategies through video, artifacts,
A FOCUS ON ISSUES AND TRENDS
· Current Issues and Future Trends features These essays highlight the ever-changing nature of
special education with the controversial issues, triumphs, struggles, and interventions involved in
For Future Preparation and Teacher Certification:
· CEC Performance-Based Standards The Common Core standards are printed on the inside front
cover of the text. Margin notes throughout the text link critical content to specific knowledge and
skill statements from CEC’s Performance-Based Standards for Beginning Teachers.
· Coverage of PRAXIS IITM Tests A PRAXIS Study Grid in the Appendix shows where content areas
of the PRAXIS II Test, Education of Exceptional Students: Core Principles, are discussed in the text.
A listing of the principles is on the inside back cover of this text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Register for MyEducationLab today at www.myeducationlab.com.
MyEducationLab is an online solution that provides highly relevant assignments and resources designed to connect your textbook to real teaching situations. It is fully integrated with your textbook; wherever you see the MyEducationLab logo in the margins or elsewhere in the text, follow the simple instructions to access videos, strategies, cases, and artifacts associated with assignments, activities, and learning units on MyEducationLab.
MyEducationLab provides you with opportunities to study and thoroughly understand your course content and also to practice the skills needed to become a successful classroom teacher:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
— Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
— The study plan links to text excerpts, activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
· Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
· Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
· Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
· Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
· Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110135035295
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: New. 9. Seller Inventory # DADAX0135035295
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0135035295