This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This versatile and practical book provides clear, manageable guidelines and tips for professional portfolio development that can be followed by teachers at all stages of their careers. In seven concise chapters, this book offers preservice and in-service teachers step-by-step procedures for portfolio development, using national teaching standards as the organizing system, and offers teachers an extensive list of pragmatic artifact possibilities to showcase their professional growth.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This versatile and practical book provides clear, manageable guidelines and tips for professional portfolio development that can be followed by teachers at all stages of their careers.
Since 1997, How to Develop a Professional Portfolio: A Manual for Teachers has been a leading source of information for teachers who need guidance in creating a portfolio that showcases their professional abilities. In seven concise chapters, this book offers preservice and in-service teachers step-by-step procedures for portfolio development, using national teaching standards as the organizing system, and offers teachers an extensive list of pragmatic artifact possibilities to showcase their professional growth.
New to This Edition
· NEW! Chapter 3, “Creating a Standards-Based Portfolio,” explains the current focus on standards-based education, helping students learn about the importance of standards-based education and the advantages of using standards as a way of documenting their capabilities. Two in-service teachers lend their voices and insights to the chapter, describing their search for standards around which to build their portfolios.
· NEW! Ten new artifact possibilities have been added to reflect more current trends in the field and to better serve teachers in culturally and educationally diverse classrooms.
· NEW! Updated information on the development of electronic portfolios, using a step-by-step approach that encourages teachers to consider the challenges that technology brings to portfolio use and to think critically about technology choices while creating a portfolio.
· NEW! More emphasis on the in-service teacher, including a sample rationale page written by an in-service teacher, in order to better serve the needs of teachers who find themselves in need of developing a portfolio on their own.
· NEW! New organization in the sequence of chapters creates a more logical flow and includes optional chapters at the end of the book.
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING:
“The key strengths of this project are its practicality, readability, link to real life situations, use of exemplars and practice sections. I can’t think of a situation where a pre-service teacher, in need of a portfolio, will not find this book invaluable.”
--Cindy Altomari, University of New England
“I like the writing style. It is not too formal; it is clear and interesting.....[The text takes a] practical approach with step by step applications to help readers complete sections.”
--Betty C. Carlson, University of Arizona
About the Author:
The authors are faculty members California University of Pennsylvania, and have been involved in teacher portfolio assessments for more than ten years. All have published and presented in the teacher education field in a variety of professional interests including early childhood, literacy, social studies, National Board certification, and curriculum development.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0137034547
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0137034547
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. 5. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0137034547n
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 5th edition. 120 pages. 9.00x7.50x0.25 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # __0137034547