This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Now in its eleventh edition, Writing and Reporting for the Media continues to be a top resource for journalism courses. A fundamental introduction to newswriting and reporting, this classic text focuses on the basics of reporting, including critical thinking, thorough reporting, excellent writing and creative visual communication skills for stories across all media.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· The book's updated title, Writing and Reporting for the Media, reflects the expanded breadth of journalism to include text, audio, photos, video and design for all media
· Innovative collaborations of journalism and digital media are covered in Chapter 13, Digital Media: Online, Mobile and Social Media, which includes instruction on how digital journalism differs from print and how to combine multiple elements for a digital package
· The complementary relationship of visuals and reporting is demonstrated in Chapter 14, Visual Journalism, which covers basic skills for shooting still and video images and recording audio
· A newly revised Chapter 4, The Language of News, includes guidance on usage and grammar for the news media
· In full-color for the first time, the text's updated visuals now represent all media, including television, the Internet and mobile media
· A fully updated and expanded AP Style Guide is available to package with the text or purchase as a separate supplement
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John R. Bender is Professor of Journalism at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Lucinda D. Davenport is Director and Professor of Journalism at Michigan State University.
Michael W. Drager is Associate Professor of Journalism at Shippensburg University.
Fred Fedler is Professor Emeritus of Journalism at the University of Central Florida.
"The very best part about this textbook is the pace and easy-to-read writing. A journalism text should be written in plain English, and this one is."-Sharon O'Malley, University of Maryland University College
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0190200936
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2020. Paperback. Condition: new. Brand New!Ships same day or next business day with tracking number. Seller Inventory # 414342