This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Thousands of satisfied scholars, students, and worshippers have relied on the New Oxford Annotated Bible for its excellent scholarship, easy-to-use supplementary materials, and high-quality bindings.
The newest edition of the NOAB with Apocrypha is no different, offering a wealth of new maps, charts and diagrams that expand on this already indispensible Bible. It includes all of the features that readers have valued in past editions and more: foot-of-page annotations provide convenient reference to unknown terms, while background essays, charts, and Oxford's signature biblical maps deepen the readers' understanding of the Biblical world in its historical, social, and geographical context.
Printed on smooth, flexible paper in clear typeface, and available in a variety of elegant bindings, the NOAB offers the best features at reasonable values. The NOAB with Apocrypha combines Oxford's highest reputation in theological scholarship with sensitivity towards readers' needs in scriptural study.
* Wholly revised, and greatly expanded book introductions and annotations.
* Annotations in a single column across the page bottom, paragraphed according to their boldface topical headings.
* In-text background essays on the major divisions of the biblical text.
* New essays on the history of the formation of the biblical canon for Jews and various Christian churches.
* More detailed explanations of the historical background of the text.
* More in-depth treatment of varieties of biblical criticism.
* A timeline of major events in the ancient Near East.
* A brief history of biblical interpretations, from biblical times to the present.
* A full index to all of the study materials, keyed to the page numbers on which they occur.
* 36-page section of full color New Oxford Bible Maps, approx. 40 in-text line drawing maps and diagrams.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0195288815 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.0081213
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110195288815
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0195288815
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0195288815
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB00E2887N8
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-0195288815
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. 3 Thumbed. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0195288815n