This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Designed with the needs of both undergraduate and graduate students in mind, Organometallic Chemistry, Second Edition, covers the fundamentals of organometallic chemistry by presenting seminal experiments, analyzing real data, and offering the most comprehensive problem sets available. The text opens with careful and patient explanations of the structure and bonding of organometallic compounds, providing a uniquely accessible introduction to the subject for undergraduate students. Later chapters build on this foundation with in-depth coverage of organometallic reaction mechanisms, more advanced topics of catalysis, carbene complexes, metathesis, applications of organometallic chemistry to organic synthesis, and cluster compounds.
* Numerous in-chapter worked examples and expansive end-of-chapter problem sets. Covering a wide spectrum of difficulty, the end-of-chapter problems range from basic practice problems to more advanced analytical ones; many of these are directly referenced to the current chemical literature.
* An experimental approach--illustrated by both groundbreaking classic experiments and cutting-edge contemporary ones-- that not only teaches students what is now known about organometallic chemistry, but also how we know what we know
* Real-world applications--highlighted throughout the text-- that engage students and reveal the relevance of organometallic chemistry to the world of industry
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
* Updated and expanded coverage of the latest developments in the field, including IR, NMR, and mass spectroscopy; catalysis; carbene complexes; metathesis and polymerization; and applications to organic synthesis
* More extensive treatments of industrial applications, including hydroformylation, uses of Grubbs and Schrock metal carbene catalysts, SHOP, palladium-catalyzed cross-couplings, and more
* 50% more in-chapter worked examples and expansive end-of-chapter problem sets than the previous edition
* 25% more in-chapter exercises (with answers in Appendix B) than the previous edition
* A new focus on green chemistry that reveals how well its principles mesh with those of organotransition metal catalysis
* Introduction of the 18-electron rule (Chapter 3)
* New computational approaches to molecular orbital calculations (Chapter 2)
* 25% more molecular model illustrations than the previous edition. The text now includes more than 600 illustrations and structures, including 120 brand-new figures; all preexisting figures have been revised for clarity and consistency.
Organometallic Chemistry, Second Edition, is supplemented by an Instructor's Resource CD-ROM, which includes all of the figures from the text in electronic format and the solutions to all of the exercises and problems from the text (in an editable Word file format).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Addressing the need for an introductory Organometallic Chemistry text, Spessard and Miessler have combined numerous illustrations, problems and well-referenced coverage in an overall accessible approach to this subfield of Inorganic Chemistry.From the Back Cover:
Addressing the need for an introductory Organometallic Chemistry text, Spessard and Miessler have combined numerous illustrations, problems and well-referenced coverage in an overall accessible approach to the topic. The text provides an early, comprehensive introduction to qualitative chemistry to lay a foundation for the upcoming emphasis on structure and bonding, a unique way of categorizing organometallic reactions on the basis of whether actions are mainly at metal or at ligand, a thorough discussion of carbene chemistry allowing readers to focus on all aspects of metal carbenes in one chapter (Chapter 10), and numerous applications of organometallic chemistry showing students that field is relevant and growing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Cary, North Carolina, U.S.A.: Oxford Univ Pr, 2009. Soft cover. Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 2nd Edition. Low price guarantee! The book is the brand new international edition textbook with the different ISBN and cover design (Exclude Chapter 2 & 12). The book main content black/white printed in full English as same as the corresponding original US edition. Fast shipments in one to two working days after the orders confirmed. Seller Inventory # ABE-10902010380
Book Description Cary, North Carolina, U.S.A.: Oxford Univ Pr, 2009. Soft cover. Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 2nd Edition. **INTERNATIONAL EDITION** Read carefully before purchase: This book is the international edition in mint condition with the different ISBN and book cover design (Notice: the book may less chapters 2 and 12.), the major content is printed in full English as same as the original North American edition. The book printed in black and white, generally send in twenty-four hours after the order confirmed. All shipments contain tracking numbers. Great professional textbook selling experience and expedite shipping service. Seller Inventory # ABE-7999005561
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110195330994
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0195330994
Book Description Oxford Univ Pr, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 2nd edition. 752 pages. 9.30x7.70x1.30 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0195330994
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0195330994