This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Highly acclaimed for its creative approach to beginning piano, Contemporary Class Piano presents materials in an engaging manner and in a logical progression of difficulty. Easily accessible to students with no prior music or keyboard experience, the book offers a well-rounded and abundant solo and ensemble repertoire--including classical pieces and folk, jazz, rock, pop, and blues tunes--with ample opportunities for students to improvise, transpose, harmonize, and compose accompaniments.
New to the Enhanced Edition:
* Incorporates thirty-five new reading, repertoire, and ensemble pieces in various styles and levels of difficulty
* Introduces a new "Classic Miniatures" section--featuring excerpts of original keyboard pieces written by master composers--that allows students to enjoy and play a broad mix of representative classical pieces early on in their keyboard study
* Adds six new melodies at the end of Unit 5 that give students more opportunities to practice interpreting chord symbols and harmonizing folk songs, symphonic themes, and other styles, using a variety of accompaniment patterns
* Each book is packaged with a free CD containing orchestration accompaniments to twenty-eight of the new pieces prepared by composer Jason Nyberg (in both practice and performance tempos) for students to use on their own.
* FREE TO INSTRUCTORS UPON ADOPTION: In addition toa set of four MIDI disks--which are packaged separately from the text and contain approximately 200 orchestration accompaniments prepared by renowned composer Phillip Keveren--a new MIDI disk with accompaniments for twenty-eight of the additional pieces in the enhanced edition has been created by composer James Nyberg for in-class use. These accompaniments motivate students to practice and complete their assignments more readily.
* A teacher's manual with suggested lesson plans and teaching tips for the first semester of study is available at www.oup.com/us/classpiano.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Elyse Mach is a Professor of Music at Northeastern Illinois University.Review:
"The sixth edition of Contemporary Class Piano has expanded repertoire, additional harmonizations in a variety of styles, and MIDI accompaniments. With the additional material, extra teaching resources, and flexible format, Contemporary Class Piano is a welcome publication and an excellent choice for adult group piano teachers."--Mary Beth Molenaar, Northwestern University, in Clavier magazine
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, Book. Paperback. Condition: New. Usually Dispatched within 1-2 Business Days , Buy with confidence , excellent customer service. Seller Inventory # 0195342771(1F1090)
Book Description Oxford University Press. PLASTIC COMB. Condition: New. 0195342771 Brand new book. International Edition. Ship from multiple locations. 3-5 business days Express Delivery to USA/UK/Europe/Asia/Worldwide. Tracking number will be provided. Satisfaction guaranteed. Seller Inventory # SKU000134