This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A World of Stories is a collection of myths, hero tales, folk tales, and fables adapted for children (along with modern stories that adapt conventions from these genres). The approximately 130 selections provide students with essential multicultural texts. The wide range of important selections are drawn from around the world, offering students in today's ethnically diverse classrooms a more balanced picture of children's literature than is offered by existing collections, which tend to focus solely on the Western tradition.
· Offers a multicultural perspective with stories from around the world
· Includes 130 stories, arranged topically to facilitate comparisons across different traditions
· Provides students with helpful background material through section introductions and headnotes for each story
· Editors have strived to achieve a balance of male and female central characters
· Provides a balance between the traditional tales and their literary adaptations that helps students to understand the tenacity of certain stories across different cultures and different historical periods
· Includes section introductions, headnotes for each selection, footnotes, and appendices that provide important background information without imposing specific critical or theoretical points of view
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Raymond E. Jones is a Professor and Jon C. Stott is a Professor Emeritus, both in the Department of English, University of Alberta.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. BRAND NEW, Perfect Shape, No Black Remainder Mark,Fast Shipping With Online Tracking, International Orders shipped Global Priority Air Mail, All orders handled with care and shipped promptly in secure packaging, we ship Mon-Sat and send shipment confirmation emails. Our customer service is friendly, we answer emails fast, accept returns and work hard to deliver 100% Customer Satisfaction!. Seller Inventory # 9028511
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11019541988X
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 019541988X New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.1808718
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX019541988X