This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Developed with the IB for the 2008 syllabus, this comprehensive text builds critical thought and international-mindedness exactly in line with the IB syllabus at SL and HL. Written by an IB examiner, it is packed with current and controversial case studies to shape globally aware learners.
· The most comprehensive and accurate match to IB specifications
· Packed with exercises that enable self-assessment and drive analytical thought, building active inquiry
· Activities develop lateral and creative thinking and build independent analysis
· Includes in-depth assessment support and exam questions, directly from the IB to optimize assessment potential
· Provides a wealth of illustrations, diagrams, maps and charts to help explain difficult concepts
· Seamlessly linked to the learner profile, with support for the extended essay and CAS
· Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, challenging learners with fresh and topical TOK
· Case studies from around the globe to help students with international mindedness
· Links to websites and other sources with cross curricular material
About the Series:
Oxford's IB Diploma Course Books are essential resource materials designed in cooperation with the IB to provide students with extra support through their IB studies. Course Books provide advice and guidance on specific course assessment requirements, mirroring the IB philosophy and providing opportunities for critical thinking.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jill Rutherford is well-respected in her field.Review:
"This is an invaluable tool for both myself and my students - incredibly comprehensive, coherent and manages to link together aspects of the IB Learner Profile. I don't know what I would do without my copy."
--Neil, Science Teacher, Dallam School, UK
"The Oxford IB course books are the best ever resource for both teachers and students. They are practical, insightful and fully in line with the IB Course outcomes."
--Pat Hanson, IB Coordinator, Academy of the Holy Cross, USA
"All of the Oxford IB course books are terrific"
--Carolyn Hawkins, IB Coordinator, Cookeville High School, USA
"We have adopted most of the Oxford course books for our school. We find them well written, well linked to TOK issues and age appropriate."
--Sheta Saha, IB Coordinator, Chatsworth International School, Singapore
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. . Seller Inventory # 52GZZZ008W1V_ns
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0198389140
Book Description Oxford University Press OUP. Condition: New. pp. 376. Seller Inventory # 2637460282
Book Description Oxford University Press. Condition: New. pp. 376 This item is printed on demand. Seller Inventory # 38545125
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Brand New. New. Seller Inventory # DH PB29pg252to551-10184
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0198389140