This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Featuring work from expert contributors, World Religions: Eastern Traditions, Fourth Edition, provides students with an authoritative examination of Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Chinese, Korean, and Japanese religions. Accessible and engaging, this acclaimed text explores the origins, central teachings, divisions and branches, rituals and practices, influences on culture, and responses to modern challenges for each tradition.
* New chapter structures better reflect the uniqueness of each tradition
* A new "Recent Developments" section for every tradition provides more focus on contemporary issues
* A revised and updated "Current Issues" chapter better tackles key challenges facing Eastern traditions today
* Additional coverage of the role of women offers students a more inclusive overview of each tradition
* Dynamic pedagogical features including "Traditions at a Glance," "Document," "Focus," and "Sites" boxes, bolded key terms, maps, photographs, timelines, sites, text extracts, and further reading lists help bring each tradition to life for students
* New learning tools including chapter outlines, chapter summaries, discussion questions, and "Sacred Text" tables make difficult topics easier for students to understand
* An exceptional support package includes a Companion Website at www.oupcanada.com/Oxtoby, an Instructor's Manual, a Test Generator, PowerPoint-based slides, a Student Study Guide, and more
Ideal for courses in Asian religions and comparative religions, World Religions: Eastern Traditions, Fourth Edition, combines a historically descriptive perspective with a spirit of sympathetic fascination.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The late Willard G. Oxtoby, the original editor of this text, was Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto.
Roy C. Amore is Professor and an Associate Dean in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Windsor.
Amir Hussain is Professor in the Department of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University.
"Each section of the book is written by an expert in that field - the accuracy and scholarly quality of this approach is far better than a single-authored text."
-Richard Mann, Carleton University
"This book is the best one I have seen for teaching Eastern religions. What sets it apart is its visual appeal, comprehensiveness, and organization."
-Justine Noel, Camosun College
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. 4th Edition. Ships in a BOX from Central Missouri! Ships same or next business day. UPS shipping for most packages, (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Seller Inventory # 001486056N
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: BRAND NEW. Seller Inventory # 0199002819_abe_bn
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0199002819
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0199002819
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0199002819 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0199002819ZN