This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Featuring work from expert contributors, World Religions: Western Traditions, Fourth Edition, provides students with an authoritative examination of Jewish, Christian, Muslim, ancient, indigenous, and new traditions. Accessible and engaging, this acclaimed text explores the origins, central teachings, divisions and branches, rituals and practices, influences on culture, and responses to modern challenges for each tradition.
* New chapter structures better reflect the uniqueness of each tradition
* Newly written chapters on Jewish and Christian traditions bring fresh perspectives to the volume
* A new "Recent Developments" section for every tradition provides more focus on contemporary issues
* A revised and updated "Current Issues" chapter better tackles key challenges facing Eastern traditions today
* Additional coverage of the role of women offers students a more inclusive overview of each tradition
* Dynamic pedagogical features including "Traditions at a Glance," "Document," "Focus," and "Sites" boxes, bolded key terms, maps, photographs, timelines, sites, text extracts, and further reading lists help bring each tradition to life for students
* New learning tools including chapter outlines, chapter summaries, discussion questions, and "Sacred Text" tables make difficult topics easier for students to understand
* An exceptional support package includes a Companion Website at www.oupcanada.com/Oxtoby, an Instructor's Manual, a Test Generator, PowerPoint-based slides, a Student Study Guide, and more
Ideal for courses in Western religions and comparative religions, World Religions: Western Traditions, Fourth Edition, combines a historically descriptive perspective with a spirit of sympathetic fascination.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The late Willard G. Oxtoby, the original editor of this text, was Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto.
Amir Hussain is Professor in the Department of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University.
Roy C. Amore is Professor and Associate Dean in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Windsor.
"The collaborative aspect of the text offers diversity in style and form of presentation, while securing a high level of excellence in [each contributor's] area of specialization."
-David Perley, University of Toronto Scarborough
"This text is extremely well-organized, well-written, and engaging . . . with very good coverage of modern expressions of each tradition."
-Michelle Rebidoux, Memorial University of Newfoundland
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0199002878
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0199002878
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: BRAND NEW. Seller Inventory # 0199002878_abe_bn
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0199002878