This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Oxford Concise School Dictionary is an abridged edition of the Oxford School Dictionary for students aged 10+.
* Comprehensive coverage of new words.
* Headwords in bold to find words more easily.
* Information boxes to give word families, usage, language and grammar notes.
* Pronunciation guides to help with unusual words.
* Idiomatic phrases and expressions are fully defined.
* Derived words to expand vocabulary.
* Labels (formal/informal) to encourage accurate use of language.
* Definitions are clear and accurate.
* Up-to-date example sentences and phrases to show how words are used in context.
* Parts of speech and inflections written out in full to build grammatical skills.
* Introduction to show how to use the dictionary.
* Appendices include weights and measures and countries and peoples list.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Robert Allen was a Senior Editor on the OED until 1982, and was Editor of the Concise Oxford Dictionary until 1990. He now works as a freelance writer and editor.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # CB4HDbelow1.5-24786
Book Description hardcover. Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # CB5ALLHDNEWSKUS-52147
Book Description Hardcover. Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # CB6HD1.5lb-19242
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # Q-0199109087