Now in its fifth edition, Police & Society offers a descriptive and analytical look at the process of policing, from police behavior and organization to operations and historical perspectives. Focusing on the relationship between the police and the community and how it has changed throughout the years, Roy Roberg, Kenneth Novak, Gary Cordner, and new coauthor Brad Smith explore the most important theoretical foundations and incisive research on contemporary policing practices.
Features of the Fifth Edition
* Discussion of many new topics including procedural justice, recruitment strategies for females and minorities, social media/social networking, and predictive policing
* Enhanced coverage of criminal procedure, officer stress and safety, intimate partner violence, brutality/extralegal police aggression, and more
* Expanded glossary of key terms
* Engaging boxed features: "Inside Policing" boxes that discuss real-world police issues and "Voices From the Field" interviews--six of which are new to this edition--with nationally recognized experts
* Superior supplements: A revised and expanded Instructor's Manual and an interactive Student Study Guide on CD (packaged with the text)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Roy Roberg is Professor of Justice Studies at San José State University.
Kenneth Novak is Associate Professor and Chair of Criminal Justice and Criminology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Gary Cordner is Professor of Criminal Justice at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
Brad Smith is Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at Wayne State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110199772568
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0199772568 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0049392
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0199772568 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Bookseller Inventory # Z0199772568ZN
Book Description Oxford Univ Pr, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 5th edition. 576 pages. 9.90x7.90x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0199772568
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0199772568