Reflecting the highly globalized nature of tastes, production, labor markets, and financial markets in today's world, Managerial Economics in a Global Economy, Seventh Edition, is ideal for undergraduate and MBA courses in managerial economics. Thoroughly adopting a global perspective, it synthesizes economic theory, decision science, and business administration studies, examining how they interact as a firm strives to reach optimal profitability and efficiency in the face of modern constraints.
* Integrates examples, data, and theories on the international ramifications of managerial decisions into the entire text, rather than segregating the material in a separate chapter
* Demonstrates how firms actually reach managerial decisions with 122 real-world case studies and 11 more extensive integrating studies, along with additional case studies and applications on the Companion Website
* Prominently features those tools of decision making, such as spreadsheet applications, that are so in demand by students
* Introduces many new and exciting topics, including firm architecture, firm governance, and business ethics; Porter's strategic framework and the evolution of the creative firm; electronic commerce and risk management; and more
* Offers instructors maximum flexibility with a modular structure that is suitable for both full-term and briefer courses, and can be used with or without calculus
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* Extensive revisions to every chapter that consider the consequences and lessons of the 2008 global financial crisis
* A new Chapter 2: Demand, Supply, and Equilibrium Analysis, to refresh students on relevant principles of economic analysis
* Expanded coverage of spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel, including new appendices and spreadsheet-based problems in every chapter
* Nearly 80 new or completely updated case studies and 5 new integrating case studies
* An updated and expanded Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/salvatore featuring student resources: an online study guide, an extra chapter on linear programming, and additional case studies
* An extensive instructor ancillary package, including online resources, making this text the perfect choice for lecture-based, online, or hybrid managerial economics courses
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dominick Salvatore is Distinguished Professor of Economics and Business at Fordham University. He is consultant to the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) in Washington, D.C., The World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the United Nations, and various central banks, multinational banks, and corporations. Dr. Salvatore is the author, coauthor, or editor of 51 books, including International Economics, Tenth Edition (2009), and Microeconomics: Theory and Applications, Fifth Edition (OUP, 2008).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 9.17x7.44x1.18 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk019981192X
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New, 1 edition, , , Softcover US Edition, High-Quality paper, Printed in English. Ships from multiple locations to WORLDWIDE customer. We CANNOT ship to APO/FPO/PO BOX address.3-5 BUSINESS DAYS EXPRESS SHIPPING VIA UPS / FEDEX/ DHL FOR USA, CANADA, EUROPE,ASIA AND AUSTRALIA CUSTOMER. Bookseller Inventory # 105304
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New, 1 edition, , , Softcover US Edition, GET IT FAST within 2-5 business days by UPS/DHLworldwide express with Tracking Number. Book is printed in English. NO PO Box, APO, FPO address. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Bookseller Inventory # 5304
Book Description Soft cover. Book Condition: New. New, US Edition . Delivery time is 3-5 business days via either UPS, FedEx, DHL. Premium quality books. Bookseller Inventory # 019981192X