The all-new Focus on Grammar 4 Interactive CD-ROM, by Margaret Bonner, Marjorie Fuchs, and Ellen Shaw, mirrors the syllabus of the textbook Focus on Grammar 4, now available in a newly revised third edition.
Clear, contextualized, and interactive, this CD-ROM program provides a communicative review of English grammar that covers all language skills through a comprehensive, motivating, and fun practice of the grammar points and skills introduced in the Focus on Grammar Student Book. Focus on Grammar Interactive is in five levels, introductory through advanced.
- Abundant contextualized exercises–including grammar, reading, listening, dictation, and speaking activities–provide students with extensive and meaningful lab practice.
- Target structures are presented in full reading and listening passages to help students discover the grammar.
- Dictation exercises provide students with controlled listening and writing practice.
- Speaking exercises give students the opportunity for further oral practice of the vocabulary, grammatical structures, and themes introduced in the unit.
- Review quizzes and and reports help students monitor their own progress and work.
- Additional exercises for remedial practice are provided for each grammar point so that students can work on improving weaker areas.
- A new From Grammar to Writing section provides students with additional writing practice based on unit topics, through a series of controlled practice leading to authentic pieces of writing that can be submitted for grading.
- Automated feedback, such as hints and explanations, provides learner support and motivates students.
- Engaging games provide fun opportunities to review key structures.
- Additional support is provided by a wide range of easy-to-access resources, including grammar charts, grammar notes, glossaries, and appendices.
- Windows 2000 with Service 4 or XP
- For Non-English Windows 2000 or XP systems, professional edition recommended
- Pentium II processor 400+ MHz
- 128+ MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
- 16-bit graphics card
- Monitor resolution of 800 x 600 or higher
- Sound card, microphone, and speakers (Microphones plugged into USB ports are not supported)
- 10X CD-ROM drive
- Disk space for saving student data (floppy, flash memory, hard drive)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher (Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher recommended) (Note: Netscape and AOL browser software software not supported.)
- Macromedia’s Flash 8 and Shockwave 10, Apple’s QuickTime 7, and Sun’s Java 1.5.0_06 plug-ins (Note: If your computer does not have these plug-ins, they will be installed automatically when you install the course.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.