This text provides a highly interactive presentation of the theory, research, and skills of interpersonal communication, with strong, integrated discussions of diversity, ethics, workplace issues, and technology. Recognized for its ability to help students understand the crucial connection between theory and practice, this eleventh edition presents a comprehensive view of the theory and research in interpersonal communication and, at the same time, guides students to improve a wide range of interpersonal skills and to apply these to personal, social, and workplace relationships. Contextually-placed web icons in the text's margins direct students to the book's Companion Website where they engage in interactive exercises or simulations that help them gain a better understanding of concepts presented in the text. Superior coverage of cultural diversity, ethics, interpersonal communication in the workplace, and the workings and effects of technology make The Interpersonal Communication Book the best choice for preparing students to communicate successfully in today's world.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Interpersonal Communication Book, 11th Edition
Joseph A. DeVito, Hunter College of the City University of New York (Emeritus)
“DeVito’s books have something for everyone...”
- Judy Nelson, Itasca Community College
New To This Edition:
· “Speaking Interpersonal-E” explores the many different facets of computer-mediated communication. These brief, thought-provoking nuggets invite technology-savvy readers to stop and think about how computer-mediated communication—from handhelds to blogs—permeates their lives.
· “Understanding Interpersonal Theory and Research” boxes—including discussions of cues to lying, space violations, relationship dialectics theory, and conflict issues—highlight current interpersonal research and connect it with the students’ real world, helping them understand the practical nature of the theories they are encountering throughout the text.
· “Ask Yourself” margin notes present students with a real-world type scenarios—from romantic and workplace situations, to school and family life—that encourage them to apply the principles and skills discussed in the chapter.
· The Eleventh Edition is accompanied by a blog—updated by the author—providing a forum for instructors interested in discussing teaching interpersonal communication in general as well as with The Interpersonal Communication Book.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110205472885
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 11. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0205472885