This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Interpersonal Communication Book provides a highly interactive presentation of the theory, research, and skills of interpersonal communication with integrated discussions of diversity, ethics, workplace issues, face-to-face and computer-mediated communication and the “dark side” of interpersonal communication.
Recognized for its ability to help readers understand the crucial connection between theory and practice, this twelfth edition presents a comprehensive view of the theory and research in interpersonal communication and, at the same time, guides the reader to improve a wide range of interpersonal skills. The text emphasizes how to choose among those skills and make effective communication choices in a variety of personal, social, and workplace relationships. Superior coverage of cultural diversity, ethics, interpersonal communication in the workplace, and the integration of face-to-face and computer-mediated communication make The Interpersonal Communication Book the best choice for preparing to communicate successfully in today's world.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Interpersonal Communication Book, 11th Edition
Joseph A. DeVito, Hunter College of the City University of New York (Emeritus)
“DeVito’s books have something for everyone...”
- Judy Nelson, Itasca Community College
New To This Edition:
· “Speaking Interpersonal-E” explores the many different facets of computer-mediated communication. These brief, thought-provoking nuggets invite technology-savvy readers to stop and think about how computer-mediated communication—from handhelds to blogs—permeates their lives.
· “Understanding Interpersonal Theory and Research” boxes—including discussions of cues to lying, space violations, relationship dialectics theory, and conflict issues—highlight current interpersonal research and connect it with the students’ real world, helping them understand the practical nature of the theories they are encountering throughout the text.
· “Ask Yourself” margin notes present students with a real-world type scenarios—from romantic and workplace situations, to school and family life—that encourage them to apply the principles and skills discussed in the chapter.
· The Eleventh Edition is accompanied by a blog—updated by the author—providing a forum for instructors interested in discussing teaching interpersonal communication in general as well as with The Interpersonal Communication Book.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson. Paperback. Condition: GOOD. Spine creases, wear to binding and pages from reading. May contain limited notes, underlining or highlighting that does affect the text. Possible ex library copy, thatâ€™ll have the markings and stickers associated from the library. Accessories such as CD, codes, toys, may not be included. Seller Inventory # 2896606739
Book Description Pearson International Edition, Usa, 2009. Soft cover. Condition: Fine. Pictorial Cover, Hint Edge Wear. Interior : Crisp, Clean, Unmarked, Binding Tight. 388 Pages. Seller Inventory # 024134
Book Description Pearson, 2009. Soft Cover. Condition: Very Good. Twelfth Edition. 388 pp. Light wear to edges. Light browning to page edges. A small amount of red underlining in the book. Size: 4to. Seller Inventory # 41865