Rich with encouragement and attention to students’ trepidation about writing, Odyssey focuses on helping students build paragraph and essay writing skills while treating the writing process as a voyage of self-discovery and confidence building.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Relax. You will enjoy this journey.
· Do you believe there’s a writer within you? Authors Bill Kelly and Deb Lawton do, and they wrote Odyssey to take readers on a writing voyage—a journey—of self-expression (see the “Discovering Connections” sections) and confidence building to help them find the writer within.
· Have you ever had a “conversation” with your textbook author? With Odyssey, you will get the same conversational, non-intimidating tone (see the “Q & A” sections) that you would with your instructor or a tutor.
· Would you like to be able to do exercises based on your ability and progress to more challenging work? The “Comprehension and Practice” and “Challenge” exercises, by design, enable readers to start off within their capabilities, grasp the material, and move to more challenging exercises. This exercise structure lays a solid foundation for good writing.
Here’s why you will want this new edition:
· The exercises have been refreshed for stronger, more interesting writing prompts.
· Many of the readings have been updated to reflect current, more relevant topics.
· The newly added portfolio feature will help readers to improve as writers by encouraging them to think critically about their writing as well as others’ writings, assist readers with timed essay writing, and strengthen the connection of reading to writing for deeper reading understanding and more clarity in writing.
MyWritingLab is an online writing practice system with better practice to make better writers for college and life. MyWritingLab offers these success-driven features:
· Comprehensive Exercises Program. The exercises in MyWritingLab provide practice with grammar, paragraph development, essay development, and research.
· Diagnostic tests. A diagnostic pre-test assesses students’ understanding of grammar and identifies the areas in need of more attention.
· Individual study plan. Based on the results of the diagnostic and the work done in MyWritingLab, the students receive Study Plan tailored to their needs.
· Valuable Additional Resources. Other resources for students in MyWritingLab include access to the Pearson’s tutoring service powered by SMARTHINKING, the Study Skills Website, and the Research Navigator.
If your copy of Odyssey did not come with a MyWritingLab student access code, return it for a new book or go to www.mywritinglab.com to purchase an access code.
Find your resources for the course at www.mypearsonstore.com
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Longman, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0205727980
Book Description Longman, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0205727980