A comprehensive reference to grammar, writing, research, and documentation, The Longman Writer’s Companion offers a unique emphasis on how to write for different audiences – academic, workplace, and public. No matter what you are trying to write – an essay for college, a business proposal for your boss, an email memo, or a letter - The Longman Handbook will give you the help you need.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The journey to better grades starts here.
With easy-to-understand answers to the questions you have about grammar, the writing process, the research process, and documentation, The Longman Writer’s Companion, Fourth Edition, will help you succeed in any course that calls for writing and research. With a distinctive focus on writing for different audiences–academic, public, and workplace–The Longman Writer’s Companion will enable you to communicate more effectively, while its superior support for writing across the curriculum and its up-to-date documentation coverage will help you get better grades in all your courses.
The new edition offers the following critical enhancements to help you succeed:
· New coverage of visual argument (Ch. 11)
· New, practical advice about writing in online environments (Ch. 13)
· Expanded coverage of writing across the curriculum, with a new chapter on writing in the social and natural sciences (Ch. 17), an expanded chapter on writing in the humanities and literature (Ch. 16), and new student samples that provide models of different kinds of writing assignments in many disciplines
· Even more help in conducting online research, including expanded coverage of using databases (Ch. 21)
· New “source samples” in both MLA and APA documentation styles show screenshots of actual sources and explain how to cite them.
· Many new citation models (for blogs, podcasts, and more) help you easily cite any type of source in your papers.
· A new chapter on assessing writing (Ch. 60) helps you understand how others read and evaluate your writing, while also guiding you through making informed comments on peers’ papers.
Visit us at www.ablongman.com
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Longman. PLASTIC COMB. Book Condition: Good. 0205741819 Item in good condition. Textbooks may not include supplemental items i.e. CDs, access codes etc. Bookseller Inventory # Z0205741819Z3
Book Description Longman, 2008. Book Condition: Good. 4 Edition. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP96767081
Book Description Longman, 2009. Plastic Comb. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0205741819
Book Description Longman, 2009. Plastic Comb. Book Condition: Good. 4. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 0205741819