This package contains the following components:
-0205638325: Public Speaking: Strategies for Success
-0205673090: MySpeechLab with Pearson eText
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Why Do You Need this New Edition?
At all stages of the public speaking process, you can learn how to develop and apply
strategies to speaking situations you encounter throughout your life. In this new edition,
Public Speaking: Strategies for Success maintains its solid foundations of strategy,
practical skills, rhetorical theory, diversity, ethics, and civic participation, while offering
fresh innovations that reflect the needs of today’s beginning speakers.
1. For earlier treatment of delivery and presentation, the chapter on delivering the
speech has been moved toward the beginning of the book (Chapter 3) to make it
easy to practice voice and body presentation early in the course, and corresponding
changes have been made in other chapters to support this move.
2. Chapters 7 and 15 have been substantially updated to reflect the information technology
that you know and use today. With the distinction between electronic and
printed materials becoming more blurred, each chapter offers a unified perspective,
treating research sources and visual aids without regard to their medium. Special
attention is paid to evaluating the credibility of sources.
3. New! Rhetorical Workout features help you develop skills through focused,
step-by-step applications of concepts and principles in each chapter.
4. New! Student View quotations from public speaking students around the country
appear throughout the book, so that you can learn from and be encouraged by
5. New! A new Summary format and the addition of Key Terms lists offer more userfriendly
ways of reviewing and reinforcing the concepts and theories in each chapter.
6. Increased attention on civic engagement gives more examples of–and strategies
for–public speaking situations within your campus and community and shows how
these situations are part of the public forum.
7. Revised and updated examples help illustrate theoretical principles more clearly, reflect
current issues, and represent a diverse range of speaking topics and situations.
8. An updated photo program gives a variety of illustrated examples in which to see
others–both professional and non-professional–offering public presentations.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110205799019
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0205799019