Digital Compositing for Film and Video is a hands-on, how-to guide that addresses the problems and difficult choices faced by the professional compositor in real-life situations. This book presents you with tips, tricks and techniques for dealing with the badly shot elements, color artifacts, and mismatched lighting that bedevil compositors. Included in this book is: in-depth, practical methods for bluescreen matte extraction, despill operations, compositing operations, and color correction-the "meat and potatoes" of all digital effects. Written in a completely software independent style, it is totally applicable to any brand of compositing software.
The second edition contains many important additions:
* printed in full color with over 400 color photos and illustrations
* companion DVD with 3.7 gigabytes of test images, including hard to get HiDef video and feature film scans
* new section on working with HiDef video
* new section on digital intermediate, the feature film finishing process of today
* more Adobe Photoshop blending modes and procedures
* new material that reveals the add-mix composite, light wrap, slot gags, and how to defeat banding problems
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Focused, In-Depth Explanations of Professional Methods!About the Author:
Steve Wright is a visual effects compositing veteran with 70 broadcast television commercials and over 60 feature films credits. He's developed video games at Atari, done 3D animations for Robert Abel and Associates, and was senior compositor and 2D technical director at Kodak's Cinesite. Steve is now a freelance, digital-compositing guru, who teaches, trains, writes, and develops on-line training programs.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Focal Press, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P11024080760X
Book Description Focal Press, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M024080760X
Book Description Focal Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 024080760X New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1810120
Book Description Focal Press, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX024080760X