Quantitative Methods for Business has been thoroughly revised and updated for this 4th edition, and continues to provide a simple and practical introduction to an area that students can find difficult. The book takes a non-threatening approach to the subject, avoiding excessive mathematics and abstract theory. It shows how to apply quantitative ideas to the real problems faced by managers.
The book includes numerous exercises and examples that help students understand the relevance of quantitative ideas to business. Assuming no previous knowledge, the text provides complete coverage for a first course in quantitative methods.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Quantitative Methods for Business
All students of management undertake a course in quantitative methods. These courses come in various guises, including quantitative analysis, decision analysis, business modelling and numerical analysis. This book describes a range of quantitative methods that are widely used in business and which every student of management will meet somewhere in their course. Whether studying for an HND, an MBA, a first degree or a professional qualification, students will appreciate the author's friendly style and practical approach.
Quantitative Methods for Business, fourth edition, employs an accessible five-part structure, leading the reader through the subject in a logical sequence.
· Part One introduces the subject, asks why managers use quantitative methods and reviews essential quantitative tools
· Part Two covers data collection and description, focusing in particular on how to ensure your data is reliable
· Part Three shows how quantitative methods can be used for solving different types of problems
· Part Four describes some statistical methods, focusing on probabilities, sampling and statistical inference
· Part Five suggests how statistical ideas may be used in decision analysis, quality management, inventory control and other areas
· Worked examples illustrate the principles discussed
· ‘Ideas in practice’ sections show how methods are actually used
· Covers a broad range of materials relevant to managers and students
· Case studies at the end of every chapter consolidate learning objectives
· Extensive pedagogical features, including self-assessment problems, chapter outlines and summaries, review questions and suggested research projects
About the author
Donald Waters is the author of several successful textbooks and is well known for his clarity of style and his student-friendly texts.
About the Author:
Donald Waters is the author of many successful textbooks and is well known for his clarity of style. He was a professor of finance and operations management and now works in management analysis, research and education.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97802736945881.0
Book Description Book Condition: New. Our Ranking is Your Confidence! This is a brand new book! Fast Shipping - Safe and Secure Mailer - Our goal is to deliver a better item than what you are hoping for! If not we will make it right!. Bookseller Inventory # 1XG77X0019KB_ns
Book Description Prentice Hall 2007-12-20, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. 0273694588. Bookseller Inventory # 515770
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0273694588
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0273694588 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-0273694588
Book Description Pearson, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110273694588
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. NEW Book in Mint Condition -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # RP0273694588BN
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0273694588
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0273694588 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0114292