This book is an ideal introduction to programming in Visual Basic for students with no prior programming experience and is excellent for taught courses or as an aid to self-study.
· A spiral approach to teaching object-oriented programming introduces new ideas carefully one-at-a-time, rather than all at once. Simple ideas are introduced early, and then incorporated in a more sophisticated context later on.
· The book contains coverage of graphics from the start to motivate students, plus early coverage of object-oriented concepts in line with current teaching practice.
· Topics are explained using a wide variety of applications as examples, such as information systems, games and scientific calculations.
· UML diagrams are used throughout the text.
· End-of-chapter pedagogy includes self-test questions, exercises, ‘programming principles’ and ‘programming pitfalls.
· The companion website contains the code of all the programs in the book
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
If you are new to computer programming then this book is for you! Starting from scratch, it assumes no prior knowledge of programming and is written in a simple, direct style for maximum clarity.
This fourth edition updates the text to incorporate Visual Basic 2010 – the latest version of this robust, object-oriented language.
Check out the companion website for the book at www.pearsoned.co.uk/bell to find additional resources for both students and instructors.
About the Authors
Douglas Bell and Mike Parr have many years' experience teaching programming in the UK. They have written a number of programming books, including the bestselling Java for Students, Visual Basic for Students and C# for Students. They continue to teach and learn about programming with enthusiasm.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Newmarket, ON, Canada: Pearson Education Canada, 2010. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. Ship out 1-2 business day,Brand new,US edition, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia,ht. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-7139593839
Book Description Pearson Education Canada, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110273749218