Learning Irish is an introductory course to the Irish language. The product of teaching experience as well as research, it serves a double function: providing a sound approach to the ordinary language learner and at the same time furnishing the professional linguist with an authentic description of the spoken language.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
BACKCOVER: * The most comprehensive and authoritative course available
* Suitable for beginners and essential for professional linguists
* Includes 36 graduated lessons in a 316 page book, and 4 x 60 minute tapes of readings, conversation and vocabulary spoken by native Irish speakers
* Developed at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies by one of Ireland's leading writers, poets and linguists
* Leads rapidly to complete written and spoken proficiency
* An essential introduction and guide to writing and speaking authentic everyday IrishAbout the Author:
Micheal O'Siadhail has been a lecturer at Trinity College Dublin and a professor at The Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Yale University Press, New Haven CT, 1988. Audio Book. Book Condition: New. 3 audiocassettes in a shrinkwrapped box. To be used in conjunction with the book "Learning Irish" 0-300-042208. 3 audiocassettes. Bookseller Inventory # S33-010994
Book Description Yale University Press, 1988. Audio Cassette. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110300043406