A revised and updated edition of the guide to one of the world’s great cities, in the most beautiful, information-packed series of portable travel/cultural guides ever published.
· More than 1,000 brilliant full-color illustrations—more than in any other portable guide
· Everything you need to know about the art, monuments, and history of New York
· 33 pages of architectural glories, richly illustrated in full color
· New York in paintings and writings by celebrated artists and authors
· Itineraries, shopping, great restaurants, luxurious hotels, day trips, amusements, how to get around, and much more
Everything you want to see, from the Metropolitan Museum of Art to the cast-iron buildings of SoHo and Tribeca; from Lincoln Center to the chic fashion boutiques that line Madison Avenue; from the Brooklyn Bridge and the South Street Seaport to the shops and clubs of the East Village and the Lower East Side, this is the guide that tells you everything you need to know about where to stay, eat, shop, and how to get around—museums, theaters, parks, trains, planes, and more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“These are joyous books, beautifully organized, full of pleasure even for the non-traveler and wonderful to handle—marvelous examples of modern bookmaking.” —V. S. Naipaul
“Simply the most luxurious travel guides going. . . . Jewel-toned and gorgeously laid out. Practically the only thing they can’t do is call you a cab.” —Elle
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Knopf. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0307263797 Ships promptly. Bookseller Inventory # Z0307263797ZN
Book Description Knopf, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110307263797
Book Description Knopf. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0307263797 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0076501