'Written for today's Christian woman, the NIV Women of Faith Study Bible aims to help women: discover how women in biblical times handled struggles similar to those we face today; gain confidence in Christ's message of grace and freedom; and celebrate their unique, God-given womanhood. Through this unique Bible, women will be able to remove barriers between themselves and God to experience His liberating grace and wonderful love. Features include: * Over 1,700 study notes * Character Sketches of over 75 women of the Bible * 'Enjoying God' Studies that reveal deep meanings and applications * Book Introductions exploring the actions of and pertinent information about women in each Bible book * Women in Jesus' Family Tree sections examining a careful selection of women in the Messianic line * Comprehensive Study Helps including a concordance, center-column reference system, and color maps The NIV Women of Faith Study Bible is a guide women can trust. Filled with enriching insights, it will help them connect with women of the past, present, and future. '
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Women of Faith Study Bible offers a feminine perspective on an age-old text. In numerous places, the editors insert interpretations that celebrate and elevate women's status in the Bible. "Some have said that in times when men are spiritually weak God uses women instead," the editors write in the Book of Samuel. "It is probably more accurate to say the deeds and faith of women are simply more apparent in those times. For the Lord gives gifts and callings to all people."
In the opening pages readers will find a "Weekly Studies Index" that references the Old and New Testaments with metaphorical themes such as "Uncharted Waters," "Are You a Bush or a Tree?" and "Jars of Clay." It also offers almost 80 full-page "Character Sketches" that profile women from the Bible, such as "Eve, Mother of Discontent," "Jezebel--Bent on Evil," and "Noah's Wife: Along for the Ride or a Partner in Adventure?" (The latter sketch tries to imagine the thoughts and actions of this almost invisible wife: "Perhaps she resented all the extra work Noah's obsession caused.") Other features include a timeline of women in the Bible, a genealogy of Jesus, and a dictionary of biblical terms.
One disappointment is the thin paper stock, limiting its shelf life and making it fragile for a daily reader. Fortunately, the 13-page spread of full-color maps is printed on heavy stock paper. --Gail HudsonFrom the Back Cover:
· Study Notes. Over 1,700 study notes shed light on the setting, meaning and application of specific passages or themes. Plus: over 200 quotes of women of the past and present, including your favorite Women of Faith speakers.
· Character Sketches. Full-page articles help you glean wisdom from over 75 women of the Bible.
· "Enjoying God" Studies. 52 studies explore key passages for their meaning and application.
· Book Introductions. Introductions to each book of the Bible, including a list of the women mentioned in the book, provide a helpful overview.
· Women in Jesus’ Family Tree. Reveals God’s careful selection of women in the Messianic line.
· New International Version. Most read, most trusted translation.
· Comprehensive Study Helps. A concordance, center-column reference system, dictionary, and color maps help you get the most out of your Bible studies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Zondervan. LEATHER BOUND. Book Condition: New. 0310918855 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1088964