This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Essential Guide to Exploring the Garden State
From the crowded streets of Hoboken to the tip of Cape May, O'New Jersey captures the landmarks, stories, experiences, and photos that make New Jersey such a fascinating state. Written by two seasoned Jersey experts, this travel guide is filled with descriptive listings, detailed trip advice, and maps--everything you'll need to explore both the familiar favorites and far reaches of the Garden State
This fully updated and expanded edition includes:
- New chapters covering antique excursions and New Jersey's classic car culture, as well as new material on Edison's vintage recordings.
- 24 daytrips to destinations all over the state with maps and detailed directions
- Hundreds of listings of historical and cultural points of interest, diners and restaurants, nightspots, parks, and other attractions
- Over 150 color and black-and-white illustrations that help readers get a feel for the state's unique flavor
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Robert Heide and John Gilman are both residents of the tri-state area. They are the authors of many books including Greenwich Village and take frequent trips out to New Jersey in a '54 Plymouth Belvedere.
This little gem of a guide presents a selection of 20 day trips through sites from the Campbell Soup Museum in Camden and chic cafes in Hoboken to hikes through South Mountain Reservation and historic house tours in Morris County. The authors cite both famous and offbeat landmarks (from Asbury Park to the Trash Museum), historic trivia, short reviews of restaurants (ice cream to Mexican food), colorful legends (the "Jersey Devil"), scenic routes, antique and book shops, recipes, and more. This is not a dry tourist's guide. Rather, its pages are chocked with wit, humor, and solid research that reveal the hidden personality of the Garden State. Superb maps and nostalgic illustrations round out the fare. For circulating libraries.
- Carol J. Binkowski, Bloomfield, N.J.
Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110312341563
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 3rd. Seller Inventory # DADAX0312341563