Overwhelmed by electronic gadgets? Buried under an avalanche of e-mails? Juggling too many tasks and responsibilities? Desperately in need of a deep breath and a time-out? For all of us who answer yes to any of these questions, help is on the way. Getting to the heart of our hassled and over-scheduled existence, Christine Louise Hohlbaum cheerfully investigates 101 ways to increase our quality of life and productivity by reevaluating how we perceive and use time. Everyone has their own personal bank account of time, and while we cannot control time itself, we can manage the activities with which we fill the time we have available to us. The Power of Slow gives readers practical, concise directions to change the relationship they have with time and debunks the myths of multitasking, speed, and urgency as the only ways to efficiency.
· When working on a project on your computer, close all the windows, with the exception of the one you need to do your job.
· Learn to say no in a polite and constructive way to favors, invitations, and requests.
· Manage your own expectations, as well as those of others, by clearly stating what is possible in the time frame given.
· Declare gadget-free zones (both geographical and temporal) to really enjoy your leisure time.
· Know when your plate is full.
· Make commitments to difficult tasks in five-minute increments and gradually increase the increments.
· Save your most favorite or the easiest tasks for last to avoid procrastination.
The Power of Slow will help readers identify areas in need of improvement and show them how to become more efficient and less frazzled at work and at home---and live a better, more balanced life.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Christine Louise Hohlbaum is a public relations professional, freelance writer, and the author of S.A.H.M. I Am and Diary of a Mother. She lives near Munich, Germany, with her husband and two children.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
Slow does not mean stop; it means to be mindful. The power of slow can be defined as the unmatchable force unleashed when you embrace your truest purpose in life. Mindfulness coupled with a positive relationship with time will make you unstoppable. This book is about harnessing your own power within and allowing it to unfurl. It offers you 101 ways to check in with your power without checking out of life. Time will help you do this, if you let it.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description St. Martin's Press, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110312570481
Book Description St. Martin's Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0312570481 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0091432
Book Description St. Martin's Press, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0312570481