This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Pack your knapsack and get ready, adventurers, we're going on a trip around the world! Make sure you have your compass and hiking boots and are prepared for the coolest and craziest adventures, but most importantly, don't forget to take your Adventurers' Handbook that will serve as a guide for any situation you might find yourself in. You'll learn to say hello in sixteen languages, how to beat jet lag, and properly use chopsticks. But most importantly, you'll get the directions to race a dog team across polar ice, survive barreling over Niagara Falls, and ride a camel across the Sahara Desert. Are you ready to see the world?
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Award-winning author ANITA GANERI was born in India, but grew up in England. A former editor, she has written more than 300 books. She lives in Yorkshire with her husband, two children, three dogs, and a cat.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
GET SET TO EXPLORE THE WORLDYou are about to set off on an extraordinary adventure, exploring some of the most exciting places on Earth. You will be traveling across scorching deserts and frozen glaciers, climbing up active volcanoes and snow-capped mountains, plunging down raging rivers and beneath the surface of the planet's oceans. On the way, you will battle blizzards, survive hurricanes, and meet some amazing people. Planning ahead is essential to ensure all of your expeditions go without a hitch.THE ADVENTURERS' PACKING LISTThe clothes and equipment you take will depend on where you are going and what you are planning to do when you get there. But whether you are exploring the poles, rain forests, deserts, or mountains, the basic essentials are the same. You need clothes to keep you warm and dry, and a wind- and rainproof shelter. You will need food and drink to keep you alive and give you the energy to enjoy your adventures. It is impossible to list everything you will need for every expedition, but here are some pointers to bear in mind when you are doing your packing.ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT
* Food--an emergency ration pack to keep you going for at least 24 hours. * A water bottle and water-purifying tablets--tap water in some countries isn't always safe to drink, and natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes can make water undrinkable.
* A place to sleep that is safe and warm--a sturdy tent, sleeping bag, and camping stove with matches (in a waterproof bag) or a lighter, so you can snuggle down and enjoy a hot meal after a long trek.
* The right clothes--you don't need to be a follower of fashion, but the right clothing can make or break an expedition.
* A good pair of walking boots--feet are the most reliable form of transport an explorer has, so look after them with a pair of good-quality walking boots.
* A map--knowing where you are is very important if you want to get where you are going. For this, you will need an up-to-date map and a compass.
* This book--do your research and know what to expect. It's the best preparation you can do.
Top tip: In case of an emergency, make sure you pack a first-aid kit, a flashlight, and extra batteries. You should also let people know where you are going before you leave and when you expect to be back.THE ADVENTURERS' HANDBOOK. Text and illustrations copyright © 2009 by Buster Books. All rights reserved. Donnelley & Sons Company, Harrisonburg, Virginia. For information, address Feiwel and Friends, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10010.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Feiwel & Friends, 2010. Condition: New. Dusan Pavlic (illustrator). book. Seller Inventory # M0312580908
Book Description Feiwel & Friends, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110312580908
Book Description Feiwel & Friends, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0312580908
Book Description Feiwel & Friends. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0312580908 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.4046988
Book Description Feiwel & Friends, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0312580908n
Book Description Condition: New. New. Looks like an interesting title!. Seller Inventory # M-0312580908