This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This guide from the editors of Prevention Health Books offers the information and advice you need to take control of your blood pressure now. High blood pressure is a silent, symptom-less condition that affects some fifty million Americans. Left untreated, it can set the stage for serious complications-including heart disease, stroke, and kidney damage. But you don't need to let it get that far. With a few simple lifestyle changes and a combination of mainstream and alternative remedies, you can lower your blood pressure to a healthy level-and keep it there.
Inside you'll discover:
· What high blood pressure is, and how it happens
· Who is most likely to develop high blood pressure, and why
· What complications high blood pressure can cause-and why people with diabetes are at special risk
· What isolated systolic hypertension is and why it matters
· What you should look for when buying a home blood pressure monitor
· What you should know about the most common blood-pressure-reducing medications-from aspirin to prescription drugs
· How foods, herbs, and supplements can help lower blood pressure-sometimes eliminating the need for drugs!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Get started on the road to lifelong high blood pressure control by knowing...
· Your personal blood-pressure reading...and your best bets for ensuring its accuracy-whether at home or under a doctor's care
· The importance of quitting...that would be smoking, excessive drinking, and a sedentary lifestyle. But don't fret: You're giving up so little and getting so much in return.
· What exercise can do to help...and we're not talking exhaustive work-outs. Just incorporate thirty minutes of moderate exercise, even walking, into your daily routine
· Your medications...and what each of them does for your blood pressure. We even have tips on how to remember your meds.
· How to eat right...by sampling a simple 7-day menu plan-including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
· And what to eat...with 90 recipes-from soups and sandwiches to entrees and desserts-that can help lower your blood pressure
· How to handle complications...starting with recognizing the signs of heart problems, stroke, and kidney disease
Outsmart High Blood Pressure
Prevention, America's #1 Choice for Healthy Living, is the single most popular health magazine and the third most trusted source for health advice in the country, trailing only the doctor and pharmacist in authority.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2003. Mass Market Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110312988125
Book Description St. Martin's Paperbacks. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0312988125 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.1059592
Book Description St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2003. Mass Market Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0312988125
Book Description St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2003. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0312988125
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0312988125