This new edition updates the classic clause-by-clause examination of the Constitution and its Amendments as interpreted by the Supreme Court from 1789 to 2009.
· Includes copies of original documents such as the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, and the U.S. Constitution
· Provides a chronology of key events in constitutional history from the Magna Carta (1215) to the present
· Each chapter has a bibliography of cases and/or primary and secondary materials, many of which are quite extensive
· A glossary of key law and political science terms
· Offers appendices, including a list of U.S. Supreme Court Justices and their dates of service and thumbnails of the 50 leading cases decided by the Supreme Court
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The United States Constitution is a living document, with an ability to change and adapt woven into its design from the outset. And adapt it has―from the original Bill of Rights and subsequent amendments to the court cases that bring its precepts forward. Now, the most accessible and informative guide to what the Constitution means today is available in a fully updated new edition.About the Author:
John R. Vile is professor of political science and dean of the University Honors College at Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Praeger, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. BRAND NEW BOOK & DUST JACKET!! SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS! Tracking Provided. DHL processing & USPS delivery for an average of 3-5 Day Standard & 2-3 Day Expedited! FREE INSURANCE! Fast & Personal Support! Careful Packaging. No Hassle, Full Refund Return Policy!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000566596
Book Description Praeger. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0313380082 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0095365
Book Description Praeger, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110313380082
Book Description Praeger, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0313380082