This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This comprehensive analysis of garbage trafficking, wildlife trafficking, illegal fishing, and illegal logging highlights the difficulty in balancing human interests and environmental responsibility.
· Provides a comprehensive overview of environmental damage worldwide from illicit industries
· Includes coverage of key environmental regulations, including the Basel Convention, Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), and the Lacey Act
· Presents a chronology of the development of illegal industries and the advent of legislation intended to fight these exploitative businesses
· Includes seven tables relevant to garbage trafficking, wildlife trafficking, and illegal fishing
· A bibliography and endnotes with each chapter document the sources used
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Eco-crime presents a serious problem across the globe. In Italy, 35 million tons of garbage are trafficked each year by organized crime families. In some commercial fisheries, approximately 50 percent of the catch is brought to port illegally. Illicit trade in wildlife generates up to $25 billion annually, trailing only drug and arm trafficking in significance.About the Author:
Donald R. Liddick is associate professor of criminal justice at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus, Uniontown, PA.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hardcover. Condition: New. We offer 100% Customer Satisfaction. Books Shipped within 24 hours from our Warehouse. We use Regular 4 to 14 days delivery and FEDEX / DHL & TNT COURIER with delivery time of 7 to 10 days.". Seller Inventory # dbs_1_9780313384646
Book Description Praeger, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0313384649
Book Description ABC-Clio, Incorporated. Condition: New. pp. 299. Seller Inventory # 5527336
Book Description Praeger, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0313384649
Book Description Praeger, 2016. Paperback. Condition: New. PRINT ON DEMAND Book; New; Publication Year 2016; Not Signed; Fast Shipping from the UK. No. book. Seller Inventory # ria9780313384646_lsuk
Book Description Praeger, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110313384649
Book Description Praeger Pub Text, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 299 pages. 9.75x6.75x1.25 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0313384649
Book Description Praeger, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0313384649n