Fund Formation Strategies is an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for structuring funds. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through understanding key legal issues, establishing the identity of a fund, and evaluating tax complications. From finding and motivating investors to marketing the fund, these leaders offer strategies for raising capital, evaluating fund management and exclusivity, and developing a successful advisory committee. Additionally, these top lawyers give tips for assessing risk, establishing internal controls, and understanding compliance issues. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating an ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Jennifer Bellah Maguire, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP "Pitfalls and Pointers for Representing a First-Time Fund"
2. Roger Bivans, Corporate & Securities Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP "Key Considerations in the Fund Formation Process"
3. Barbara Gregoratos and Teresa Maloney, Shareholders/Attorneys, Heller Ehrman LLP "Considerations in Structuring a Real Estate Fund"
4. C. David Lee, Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP "Structuring the Fund: The Role of the Attorney in Fund Formation"
5. Paul Fisher, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP "Matching Fund Objectives and Investors: Strategies and Pitfalls"
Appendix A: Qualified Purchaser Questionnaire
Appendix B: Sample Summary of Terms: International Carbon Fund
Appendix C: Sample Summary of Terms: Domestic LBO Fund
Appendix D: Definitions of Accredited Investor and Qualified Purchaser
Appendix E: Checklist of Issues to Consider in Real Estate Fund Formation
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314194657
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314194657
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314194657
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 152 pages. 8.50x5.80x0.60 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314194657