International IP Issues and Strategies is an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for managing intellectual property in today's global economy. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through key strategies for protecting IP in international jurisdictions, including understanding key regulatory differences, meeting procedural obligations, and knowing where to look for potential challenges and conflicts. These top lawyers give tips on enforcing patents, dealing with counterfeiting and illicit trade, and managing international disputes, as well as the role of the attorney in handling cross-border matters, strategies for working with foreign counsel, and helpful resources for the global IP lawyer. Additionally, these leaders reveal their strategies for working in specific jurisdictions, correcting common misconceptions about protecting IP overseas, and interpreting the recent trend toward harmonization in international law as it relates to intellectual property. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Carl K. Turk - Partner, Adorno & Yoss LLP Navigating International IP Challenges
2. Joseph Bach, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLC Strategies for IP Protection in China
3. Todd Sharinn, Partner, Harris Beach PLLC Protecting IP Against Counterfeiting and Illicit Trade
4. Jake M. Holdreith, Partner, Robins Kaplan Miller & Ciresi LLP Strategic Considerations for Enforcing Patents in International Disputes
5. Vicki E. Allums, Associate General Counsel for Intellectual Property, Defense Information Systems Agency Enforcing IP in the Age of Globalization: Issues, Challenges, and Trends for the International IP Community and the Practicing Attorney
6. Marcia B. Paul, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP IP in a Global Marketplace: The Importance of Asking the Right Questions
7. Michael M. Murray, Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP Understanding the Challenges of Protecting and Enforcing IP in a Global Marketplace
8. Monica Grewal, Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP Gaining a Competitive Edge by Protecting IP Effectively in Foreign Markets
9. Frederick L. Whitmer, Partner, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP The Fundamentals of IP Litigation
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson West; Aspatore Books, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314195378
Book Description Thomson West; Aspatore Books, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314195378
Book Description Thomson West; Aspatore Books, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 288 pages. 8.40x5.50x0.90 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314195378