The First Year as an HR Executive of a Company is an authoritative, insider's perspective on strategies for succeeding as a human resources executive in the first year at a new company. Featuring heads of HR representing some of the top companies in the nation, The First Year as an HR Executive of a Company provides best practices for gaining credibility, prioritizing goals, and encouraging a culture of open communication to learn how HR can directly serve business needs all in the initial twelve months on the job. Aware that the departing HR executive can serve as an invaluable resource to theincoming executive, the authors describe how to leverage this relationship for optimum results, along with the other crucial introductions that must be made proactively. Driven by the demand for HR leaders to align HR strategy with business objectives, the authors explain how to gauge the effectiveness of current HR initiatives, obtain input from the management team, and present a strong vision that new colleagues will embrace. From cultivating key relationships to evaluating the existing team, these authors walk through how to best become familiar with the new company s people, products, and practices. Underlining the unique opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to a possibly stagnant HR department, the authors explain how to examine and potentially discard the old way of doing things in favor of a more efficient, effective method of achieving goals. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the leading human resources minds of today, as these insiders offer up their thoughts around the keys to effectively assuming the role of the new HR executive.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Daniel R. Wright, Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics - "Using One-on-One Communication to Build Trust and Rapport"
2. Barbara Wood, CNA Surety - "Learning the Business, Building Relationships, and Developing a Strategic Plan"
3. Ryland Harrelson, TSYS - "Using Respect and Empathy to Create Credibility as an HR Leader"
4. Andrea Bortner, Harris Corporation - "Using Self-Awareness to Develop Effective Relationships"
5. Steve Allen, Technip USA - "Building Professional Relationships Based on Personal Trust"
6. Rachel W. Andreasson, Wallis Companies - "Delivering Business Value as an HR Executive"
7. Pipier L. Bewlay, INROADS Inc. - "Becoming an Effective HR Executive: Relationships and Processes"
8. Angela Bailey, U.S. Office of Personnel Management - "Your First Year as an HR Executive: Listen, Question, Act, and Assess"
9. Val M. Berry, SPHR, The George Washington University - "Helping HR to Become a Strategic Partner on Campus"
10. Louis F. Cimini, Samsonite Corporation - "Lessons and Insight from an HR Executive: Jumping into a Mid-Sized Company"
11. Megan Blacksher, PRR - "The New HR Executive in a Small Company"
12. Julien C. Carter, The University of Texas at Austin - "Taking Everything In: Spending Your First Year as an HR Executive in a Listening Mode"
13. Robert Buggs, The Federal Government - "Charting a Course as a New HR Executive"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314199217
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314199217
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 136 pages. 8.30x5.50x0.35 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314199217