This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Navigating Intellectual Property Disputes is an authoritative, insider's perspective on assisting clients with managing IP assets and litigating disputes. Featuring partners and directors from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the various aspects of intellectual property, including trademarks, copyright, patents, and trade secrets. From developing a balanced IP portfolio to analyzing the financial impact of litigation, these top lawyers offer best practices for monitoring, auditing, and protecting a client's intellectual property. Additionally, these leaders discuss domestic vs. international IP, dispute resolution, the role of experts, client misconceptions, the prevention of IP theft, and current IP trends. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-changing field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Chun M. Ng, Partner, Perkins Coie LLP - "Best Practices for Managing Patent Disputes"
2. Halina S. Dziewit, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP - "Fertile Ground for IP Disputes: Employee, Contractor, Government, and University Relationships"
3. Kenneth W. Brothers, Partner, Dickstein Shapiro LLP - "Keys to the Effective Management of Patent Litigation"
4. Randy M. Friedberg, Counsel, White and Williams LLP - "Strategies for Avoiding and Navigating IP Disputes"
5. Michael Bednarek, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP - "An Integrated Global Strategic Approach to Winning IP Disputes"
6. Michael J. Powell, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC - "Changing Trends in IP Disputes"
7. Stephen Dorvee, Partner, Arnall Golden Gregory LLP - "Intellectual Property Protection: Avoiding Disputes"
8. Mark Fox Evens and Timothy J. Shea Jr., Directors, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC - "Understanding the Role of Inventorship in IP Disputes"
Appendix A: Sample Employment Agreement
Appendix B: Patent License
Appendix C: Identification of Pre-Employment Commitments
Appendix D: License Agreement Guidelines
Appendix E: Checklist for Dealing with a Non-Practicing Entity Patent Owner
Appendix F: Sample Employment Agreement
Appendix G: The U.S. IP Rights Toolbox
Appendix H: Summary of U.S. Intellectual Property
Appendix I: Strategic Use of Patents in Business
Appendix J: Suggestions for An Effective Trade Secret Program
Appendix K: Confidentiality Agreement
Appendix L: Nondisclosure/Invention Assignment Agreement
Appendix M: Waiver of Rights to Invention
Appendix N: Acknowledgement Concerning Confidential and Trade Secret Information Duties
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson West, 2009. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110314209972
Book Description Thomson West, 2009. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0314209972