This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Understanding Fair Labor Standards Act Violations provides best practices for dealing with FLSA employment laws and preventing and defending collective and class action claims. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the intricacies of wage and hour law, with an emphasis on navigating new policies, avoiding common violations, managing compliance issues, and analyzing the impact of the economy on claims. These top lawyers offer proven techniques for effectively defending claims, covering topics such as potential employer exposure, the use of experts, settlement options, and litigation challenges. Additionally, these leaders discuss recent trends and pivotal cases and strategies for counseling clients. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-evolving field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Thomas H. Christopher, Partner, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP - "Essential Strategies for a Strong Defense against FLSA Claims"
2. Jeffrey A. Hollingsworth, Partner, Perkins Coie LLP - "Preventing and Defending against Class Action and FLSA Claims"
3. Laura E. O Donnell, Partner, Haynes and Boone LLP - "Defending against FLSA Collective Actions: A Proactive Approach"
4. Manesh K. Rath, Partner, Keller and Heckman LLP - "Managing Risk Associated with Wage and Hour Class Actions"
5. John A. Zaloom, Partner, Moore & Van Allen PLLC - "A Look at FLSA Collective Actions"
6. Andrew S. Naylor, Partner, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP - "Fundamentals of FLSA Compliance and Case Strategy"
7. David Barron, Member, Epstein Becker Green Wickliff & Hall PC - "Compliance with FLSA Regulations and Case Law"
8. Brian S. Arbetter and Andrew J. Boling, Partners, Baker & McKenzie LLP - "Emerging Trends in Wage and Hour Cases and Defense"
Appendix A: Wage and Hour Class Actions: The Top Ten List
Appendix B: Administrative Exemption Audit Checklist
Appendix C: Executive Exemption Audit Checklist
Appendix D: Department of Labor Opinion Letter
Appendix E: Long John Silver s (Fourth Circuit 2008)
Appendix F: In Re American Express Merchants (Second Circuit 2009)
Appendix G: Simmons v. United Mortgage (WDNC 2009)
Appendix H: Department of Labor Opinion Letter
Appendix I: Carter (Fifth Circuit 2004)
Appendix J: G Veliz v. Cintas I (Northern District of California 2009)
Appendix K: Sample Off-the-Clock Work Policy
Appendix L: Wage and Hour Audit Summary
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0314262466
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0314262466
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110314262466
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 260 pages. 8.40x5.50x0.70 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0314262466