Trust and Probate Litigation provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for litigating trust and probate matters. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the various components of developing a successful litigation strategy, including understanding the client's goals and motivations, building a team in preparation for litigation, and managing complex cases with multiple parties and conflicting interests. These top lawyers discuss common arguments in trust and probate contests and how to develop innovative defenses to meet client expectations. From the complexities of the modern family to changes in demographics, these authors offer theories on the social factors motivating clients to litigate. Additionally, these leaders comment on the new technologies available for managing documents and expediting the discovery process. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Colleen Chinlund, Partner, Arnstein & Lehr LLP - "A Look at Complex Issues in the Trust and Probate Arena"
2. Scott A. Harshman, Partner, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP - "Assisting Clients with Challenges to Their Trust Litigation Strategies"
3. Robert J. Selsor, Chairman, Fiduciary and Estate Litigation Practice Group, Polsinelli Shughart PC - "Key Factors Influencing Today's Trust and Probate Cases"
4. Timothy W. Ridley, Partner, Meagher & Geer PLLP - "Changing Issues and Motivations in Trust and Probate Cases"
5. Ray J. Koenig III, Member, Clark Hill PLC - "Proactive Measures and Key Concerns for the Trust and Probate Attorney"
Appendix A: Planning for the Future Living Trusts, Estate, and Tax Planning
Appendix B: Sample Settlement Agreement and Mutual General Release
Appendix C: Document Execution Checklist
Appendix D: Checklist for Estate Litigation
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314270795