This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Defense Strategies for Drug Crimes provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for defending and winning drug crime cases. Featuring experienced criminal defense attorneys from across the country, this book guides the reader through the current drug crime environment and analyzes the latest trends, significant case law, and how society's changing perception of drugs impacts courtroom events. These top lawyers give tips on mounting an effective defense, with advice on gathering facts, examining witnesses, selecting juries, preparing for trial, and assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a case. From building trust and addressing client concerns to dealing with addiction issues and weighing the client s options, these authors also reveal how to work successfully with a client accused of a drug crime. Additionally, these leaders discuss potential changes to drug crime legislation, the impact of the economy on drug cases, and how to avoid common defense mistakes. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. James W. Parkman III, Senior Partner, Parkman, Adams & White LLC - "Advice for Successfully Defending Drug Crime Cases"
2. Leslie Prince, Partner, The Law Offices of Russo & Prince - "Working Effectively on Drug Crime Cases"
3. Lana M. Manitta, Partner, Rich Rosenthal Brincefield Manitta Dzubin & Kroeger LLP - "Tips and Techniques for Developing a Drug Crime Defense"
4. Kenneth Harmell, Partner, Stewart Beall MacNichols & Harmell Inc. PS - "Modern Drug Crimes: Unique Strategies for a Changing Environment"
5. Julius Kim, Managing Partner, Kim & LaVoy SC - "A Practical Guide to Handling Drug Crime Cases"
6. Lester A. Pines, Partner, Cullen Weston Pines & Bach LLP - "Proven Defense Tactics for State and Federal Drug Cases"
7. Kevin B. Ross, Partner, Sorrels, Udashen & Anton - "Defense Techniques for Federal Drug Cases"
8. Kurt P. Kerns, Founding Partner, Ariagno, Kerns, Mank & White LLC - "Drug Jury Trial Mechanics"
9. Howard W. Bailey, Partner, Bailey & Orozco LLC - "Best Practices for Defending Drug Cases"
Appendix A: Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Evidence
Appendix B: Notice of Motion and Motion to Quash Search Warrant Affidavit
Appendix C: Notice of Motion and Motion to Unseal Search Warrant Affidavit
Appendix D: Revised Code of Washington 9.94A.518
Appendix E: Sample Sentencing Memorandum
Appendix F: Motion for Disclosure of Informant
Appendix G: Sentencing Memorandum from United States v. Tracy Harrism
Appendix H: The Fair Sentencing Act of 2010
Appendix I: Joint Defense Memorandum and Agreement
Appendix J: Expert Witness Voir Dire
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want