This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Recent Trends in Trademark Protection provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for navigating the latest developments in trademark law. Featuring partners and shareholders from some of the nation s leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through a detailed analysis of recent trademark cases, including noteworthy fraud litigation such as In re Bose. In light of these cases, these top lawyers discuss best practices for updating and maintaining current trademark protection strategies, avoiding common mistakes made by clients, and working in a global business environment. Additionally, these leaders offer tips on handling current issues involving the identification of goods and services in US registrations. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-changing area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. George Borababy, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP - "Current Issues Involving the Identification of Goods and Services in United States Registrations"
2. Mark S. Sparschu, Shareholder, Brooks Kushman PC - "Developing Effective Trademark Strategies in a New Litigation Environment"
3. David R. Schaffer, Principal, Miles & Stockbridge PC - "Effective Tailored Trademark Strategies for Today's Client Base"
4. Maria A. Savio, Shareholder, Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman PC - "The Ongoing Impact of In Re Bose on Today's Trademark Strategies"
5. Christopher J. Glancy, Partner, and Dyan Finguerra-DuCharme, Counsel, White & Case LLP - "A Survey of 2010 Dilution Cases: Comparison of the Standard Used to Evaluate the Similarity of the Marks in Dilution by Blurring Decisions"
6. Michel R. Graham and Gregory J. Chinlund, Partners, Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP - "Helping Clients Stay a Few Steps Ahead in the Electronic World"
Appendix A: Remarks of Commissioner for Trademarks, Lynne Beresford
Appendix B: Request for Comments
Appendix C: USPTO Press Release
Appendix D: USPTO's Acceptable Identifications of Goods and Services
Appendix E: USPTO Seeks User Comment on Proposed Madrid Protocol Revision
Appendix F: In Re Bose
Appendix G: University Games Corp v. 20Q.net Inc.
Appendix H: Trademark Dos and Don ts
Appendix I: Trademark Application Checklist
Appendix J: DaimlerChrysler Corp. v. American Motors Corp.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Revised edition. Seller Inventory # DADAX0314274103
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0314274103
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. revised edition edition. 168 pages. 8.40x5.50x0.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0314274103