Strategies for Defending DWI Cases in New York provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for counseling clients on DWI charges in the state of New York. Featuring skilled defense attorneys throughout New York, this book reveals proven strategies that will take you and your client from the traffic stop and police station to the courtroom and negotiation table. These top lawyers highlight tips for examining police reports and deciphering the scientific evidence involved, including how to break down the nuances of the various tests and identify weak or problematic areas. They describe numerous defense strategies for both hearings and trials, with an emphasis on preparing clients for court, selecting juries, cross-examining witnesses, and presenting evidence, and they divulge advice for negotiating a favorable result with the prosecution. Additionally, these leaders analyze the current laws and trends in DWI defense and how the government's stricter enforcement policies are impacting clients and lawyers. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Joseph Tacopina and Chad Seigel, Partners, The Law Offices of Tacopina Seigel & Turano PC - "The Art of the DWI Defense"
2. Steven Epstein, Founder, The Law Offices of Steven Epstein - "The Best Answers Come from Knowledge Not Numbers: The Key to DWI Success"
3. Lawrence A. Newman, Founder, The Law Offices of Lawrence A. Newman - "Examining New York DWI Cases Holistically"
4. Paul E. DeLorenzo, Managing Partner, The DeLorenzo Law Firm LLP - "The Fundamentals of DWI Defense in New York State"
5. Adam D. Perlmutter, Founder, The Law Offices of Adam D. Perlmutter PC - "Knowledge Is Power: Understanding the Intricacies of New York DWI and Developing Effective Case Strategies"
6. Mario F. Gallucci, Partner, Helbock Nappa & Gallucci LLP - "The Step-by-Step Process for Defending a DWI Charge"
7. Darren J. Epstein, Partner, Fellows, Hymowitz & Epstein PC - "Dealing with DWIs During a Stricter Legal Environment"
Appendix A: DWI Intake Form
Appendix B: Flat Fee Holistic Agreement
Appendix C: Unraveling the Mystery behind New York DWI Misdemeanor Probation
Appendix D: Understanding the New York DWI Alcohol Evaluation Process
Appendix E: Criminal Jury Charge for Failure to Take the Breathalyzer Test
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Revised edition. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314276262
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314276262
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. revised edition edition. 216 pages. 8.50x5.50x0.80 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314276262