This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Leveraging Technology Metrics provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on standardizing the data collection process, maintaining accuracy of information, and translating technology metrics into actionable business results. Featuring CTOs and CIOs from some of the top companies in the nation, this book provides best practices for harnessing reliable data that will keep the entire company in line with corporate goals. Whether tracking scope creep on a project, evaluating expected returns, or designating total cost of ownership, these experts emphasize the importance of early involvement in business plans and only approving projects that can be assessed with hard-hitting metrics. The authors also reveal how, aside from increased organizational efficiency, leveraging the right metrics can build stronger relationships between departments, and position IT as an asset to the business rather than a cost center. Since there is no shortage of data for IT staff, additional topics address the challenge of selecting the most relevant statistics and managing the growing role of technology in all facets of the business. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the top technology minds of today, as these executives offer their strategies for gleaning the most accurate and relevant information and communicating results in clear business terms.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Ernie Hood, Former Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Group Health Cooperative - "Leveraging IT to Achieve Company Goals"
2. M. Lewis Temares, PhD, Vice President and Chief Information Officer Emeritus for Information Technology, University of Miami - "Maintaining a Commitment to Increased Accountability"
3. Robert Kerr, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Curves International Inc. - "Using Data and Metrics to Optimize Efficiency and Grow the Business"
4. Benjamin Bordonaro, Director, Information Technology and Chief Technology Officer, Hackensack University Medical Center - "Standardizing Data Definitions and Achieving Credibility"
5. Michael G. Seay, Former Chief Information Officer, ProBuild Holdings - "Effecting Change and Applying Metrics"
6. Puneet Bhasin, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Waste Management - "Using Quantitative and Qualitative Metrics with Intuition"
7. Brian Hardee, Vice President, Technology and Chief Information Officer, Oxford Industries Inc. - "Building Successful Business Partnerships"
8. Marc Probst, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Intermountain Healthcare - "Evidence-Based Information Systems"
9. Mark O'Bryan, Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation - "Proving IT Business Value with Well-Defined Metrics"
10. Jordan Kaufman, Chief Information Officer, Ambassador College Bookstores - "Using Analytics to Establish Goals and Measure Success"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX031427765X
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M031427765X
Book Description West, Aspatore Books, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 031427765Xn