Navigating Banking and Finance Law in the Asia-Pacific provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for counseling clients in this volatile practice area. Featuring partners from law firms across the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia, Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Malaysia, this book guides the reader through the various banking and finance systems and the challenges that clients conducting business within them face. These top lawyers analyze the latest trends in this industry and discuss how the changing laws and regulations impact the current market and client needs. From advising clients on transactions and verifying compliance issues to working on cross-border deals and communicating with government regulators, these authors present proven strategies for serving clients entering the complex banking and finance sector. Additionally, these leaders examine the role of the lawyer in today's economic environment and reveal new opportunities that clients and lawyers need to take advantage of. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success during this uncertain financial time.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Truong Nhat Quang, Managing Partner, YKVN - "Counseling Clients in a Volatile Vietnamese Economic Environment"
2. Lina Amran, Partner, Makarim & Taira S. - "The Role of Lawyers in Indonesia's Expanding Financial Sector"
3. Byung-Chang Lee, Partner, Shin & Kim - "A Shift in the Korean Banking and Finance Market"
4. Takaharu Totsuka, Partner, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune - "Regulatory Framework and Recent Developments in the Banking Industry in Japan"
5. Chun-yih Cheng, Senior Partner, Formosa Transnational Attorneys at Law - "Challenges of the Taiwanese Banking System: A Market in Transition"
6. Azmi Mohd Ali, Senior Partner, Ahmad Lutfi Abdull Mutalip, Partner, Azmi & Associates - "Strategic Planning in the Unique Banking and Finance Market of Malaysia"
7. Hadrien Wolff, Partner, Audier & Partners Vietnam LLC - "The Challenges Banking Lawyers Face in Vietnam"
8. Bonnie L. Dixon, Partner, Atsumi & Sakai - "Japanese Banking and Finance: The Trends and the Challenges"
9. Lewis Grimm, Partner, Jones Day - "Strong but Uncertain: Client Strategies for the Post-Recession Australian Banking System"
Appendix A: Notification of the Establishment of a Liaison Office of a Foreign Bank
Appendix B: Summary of Statement by Minister of Financial Services on Incubator Bank of Japan
Appendix C: Administrative Actions against Mizuho Bank and Mizuho Financial Group
Appendix D: Application Letter for the Establishment of Branch Office in Taiwan by Foreign Bank
Appendix E: Regulations Governing Foreign Bank Branches and Representative Offices
Appendix F: In-House Counsel's Best Practices
Appendix G: Foreign Bank Lending in Vietnam
Appendix H: Agreement on Bank Transactions
Appendix I: Revolving Credit Facility Agreement
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want