This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Protecting IP Rights in International Business Transactions provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for ensuring IP rights are accounted for when doing business in foreign countries. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the process of conducting due diligence with clients to identify potential IP risks. These top lawyers offer their insights on outlining a client's assets, addressing concerns, working with foreign legal counsel, and drafting contract terms. From the increased use of social media to developments in technology, these authors discuss recent trends in the area of IP and how they impact international clients and their businesses. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced attorneys offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this challenging field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. John Flock, Partner, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP, "The Threat of Global Patent Litigation in International Business Negotiations"
2. Ken Sheehan and Paul Poirot, Partners, Baker Hostetler LLP, "Managing Emerging IP Trends and Concerns in Today's International Business Deals"
3. Emily Zelenock, Partner, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, "Understanding the Cultural Complexities of IP Issues in Cross-Border Business Deals"
4. Keith McWha, Partner, Day Pitney LLP, "Bankruptcy-Related Issues and Concerns for IP Owners in International Business Deals"
5. Stephanie A. Gumm, Partner, Baker & Daniels LLP, "Understanding the Big Picture: Concerns for Purchasers of International IP Rights"
6. William Sloan Coats, Partner, Kaye Scholer LLP, "Good News for International IP Clients: A Return to Former Patent System Rules"
7. Jim Chester, Senior Partner, Klemchuk Kubasta LLP, "The Global View: Developing IP Strategies for International Clients"
8. Brant C. Hadaway, Partner, Diaz Reus & Targ LLP, "Protecting Your Client's Business-Related IP Rights in China and Beyond"
Appendix A: Due Diligence Checklist
Appendix B: Licensing Checklist
Appendix C: Intellectual Property Due Diligence Checklist
Appendix D: Intellectual Property Representations/Warranties
Appendix E: Intellectual Property Assignment
Appendix F: Microsoft v. i4i
Appendix G: Global-Tech Appliances v. SEB
Appendix H: International LLC Website Development Agreement
Appendix I: International Trade Presentation, May 2010
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want