Defending DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on handling a vehicular homicide or manslaughter case where a client was driving under the influence. Featuring experienced criminal defense attorneys from around the country, this book guides the reader through the important legal trends and recent cases influencing this area, and what these changes mean for clients and counsel. These top lawyers divulge tips that will be useful to both new attorneys and seasoned practitioners, as they discuss how to evaluate evidence, utilize experts, prepare an aggressive defense, and contest the prosecution's case. Whether the focus is on achieving success in the courtroom or negotiating a settlement offer, these authors disclose advice that will help you satisfy your clients' needs. Additionally, these leaders examine how to deal with the challenges of these cases, including the complex scientific evidence, changing technology, stricter penalties, and emotional dynamics. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this high stakes field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Steven Oberman, Managing Partner, Sara Compher-Rice, Partner, The Oberman & Rice Law Firm - "Vehicular Homicide by Intoxication: Preparation, Strategy, and the Law"
2. Robert Scott Reiff, Managing Partner, The Law Offices of Robert S. Reiff PA - "DUI Manslaughter Cases: Representing Good People Who Made Mistakes"
3. Mark A. Broughton, Partner, Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation - "Turning Over Every Stone in a DUI Homicide Defense"
4. Justin J. McShane, Chairman and CEO, The McShane Firm LLC - "Navigating the Complexities of a DUI Vehicular Homicide Defense"
5. William T. Bly, President, The Law Office of William T. Bly - "Laying the Groundwork for the Successful Defense of a DUI Manslaughter Case"
6. John Hunsucker, President, The Hunsucker Legal Group - "Making Sure Your Client Gets a Fair DUI Trial"
7. Patrick T. Barone, Principal and Founding Member, The Barone Defense Firm - "Successfully Dealing with the Most Difficult Aspects of a DUI Homicide Case"
8. Grant M. Scheiner, Principal, Scheiner Law Group PC - "Emerging Trends and Practical Tips for Defending Intoxication Offenses"
9. Shawn R. Dominy, Managing Attorney, The Dominy Law Office - "Settlement Strategies for DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases"
Appendix A: Plea Agreement Form
Appendix B: Letter of Apology
Appendix C: DUI Client Interview Sheet
Appendix D: Manslaughter Discovery Request
Appendix E: Motion to Suppress
Appendix F: Motion to Unseal Warrant
Appendix G: Motion In Limine (Evidence)
Appendix H: Waiver of Attorney-Client Privilege
Appendix I: DUI Video Evaluation Form
Appendix J: Memo Regarding Settlement Offer Evaluation
Appendix K: Memo Regarding Good Points and Bad Points
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314280561
Book Description West Publishing Co, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. revised edition edition. 260 pages. 8.50x5.50x0.80 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314280561